Make a donation

Author Topic: Mini/BMW "Seal and protect"  (Read 6798 times)

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
Mini/BMW "Seal and protect"
« on: July 15, 2011, 08:05:40 pm »
Bought my beautiful laser blue (the best colour by far no?) a couple of months ago now form the local Mini/BMW/Jag/ect, etc dealer and before I picked it up got their Mini seal and protect package (and before you start I know I should have known better), so I walked away with a gleaming car and a holdall full of Mini branded cleaning goodies. Anyway I've been quite impressed so far at how easy the car was to clean but a bit disappointed at how quickly the "beading" depreciated but as instructed gave the car the once over after a month or so with the hard Wax treatment and the results are below. I must admit the car does look stunning and the dirt litterally flies off it when cleaned but worth the money?, I don't know!!!!

Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Mini/BMW "Seal and protect"
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 09:47:08 pm »
How much was the package? Also get an open end hosepipe (ie no nozzle) and run some water over the flat panels. Will give you a much better idea - should have almost no water drops left if it's properly done. Also depends on how durable the finish is.

I'd have personally recommended a detailer who could have done a decent job on the car for maybe £150-200 and would be better and longer lasting.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 10:57:48 pm »
A whopping £240, but didn't seem that much when added to the price of the car, to be honest I could probably do as good a job myself, hindsight is a wonderfull thing. Topping up the "seal" litterally took me a couple of hours from dirty to polished finish and to be fair it looks really good but just not worth the money in my book. I've found a lad locally who does a full detail for £95 using top quality products so if need be it'll go there in future.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 11:21:56 pm »
That is one stunning colour :drool: :drool: Was gonna go silver but I may have just changed my mind :happy2:

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 03:45:32 pm »
VW must have been out of their minds to drop Laser Blue from the GTI , it is by far the best Blue thats ever been availible on the Mk V.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 03:06:46 pm »
Update - 18months on and I must admit after being a little dubious about this package especially considering how much it cost it has been absolutely fantastic. Now I know the hardened detailers among you may think I'm mad but the car is still ridiculously easy to clean and it only takes about 1/2 an hour to apply the "hard wax" which I've done about every 2-3 months. Couple of hours cleaning and the car still looks as stunning as the day I picked it up.

Also I cannot say how impressed I am with the bag of products they supplied, bumper care, tyre dressing, leather protector etc all been superb standard and still on the go.

Would I buy the packagae again? Not sure, tempting, still an awful lot of money but certainly cannot fault it in any way.

Offline quattrogmbh

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 09:17:08 pm »
VW must have been out of their minds to drop Laser Blue from the GTI , it is by far the best Blue thats ever been availible on the Mk V.

Too Close to Rising blue.  Thats why it was dropped.

Offline Leeds s3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 09:46:11 pm »
BMW/Mini seal and protect has a 3 year guarantee, go back to the supplying dealer and get them to re-apply it.
Many BMW'S and one bog standard MK5 3dr Golf GTI.