Make a donation

Author Topic: Why are some forums full of right knobs even admin have no decency  (Read 3162 times)

Offline Bane

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 5
  • "I was born a handsome man and now I'm half a goat
Re: Why are some forums full of right knobs even admin have no decency
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2012, 09:34:13 pm »
I've been on EastsideVW a fair bit and yes,they can come across as a bunch of wankers,but it really is only one or two on there that has a detrimental effect on the whole site.
But they believe that they are there "for the banter and if you don't like it or can't take it then f**k off" being the motto... :stupid:
There used to be a fair few guys with knowledge on there,but I think they've been pissed off by the 'certain few' and are barely on there.
It is certainly one of the most clique riddled sites I've been on,but being primarily based in Aberdeenshire and most of the ones on there working in the oil industry,it's kind of understandable that there will be an old boys element in there....not to mention some of the cash being flashed by the standard of some of the motors in the members ride section. :surprised:

I enjoy it in here,but I feel that for whatever reason,it has become a little stale lately. :grin:

Offline Kemnaychris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 10:08:42 pm »
I've been on EastsideVW a fair bit and yes,they can come across as a bunch of wankers,but it really is only one or two on there that has a detrimental effect on the whole site.
But they believe that they are there "for the banter and if you don't like it or can't take it then f**k off" being the motto... :stupid:
There used to be a fair few guys with knowledge on there,but I think they've been pissed off by the 'certain few' and are barely on there.
It is certainly one of the most clique riddled sites I've been on,but being primarily based in Aberdeenshire and most of the ones on there working in the oil industry,it's kind of understandable that there will be an old boys element in there....not to mention some of the cash being flashed by the standard of some of the motors in the members ride section. :surprised:

I enjoy it in here,but I feel that for whatever reason,it has become a little stale lately. :grin:

Yeah mate mostly wankers with attitudes and know nothing about cars just how to buy one :) yes they have nice cars some pretty mad super cars but as u say oil related work up here in aberdeen and the shire :)

Yes mate they speak some amount of sh*te like am the boy check my car and my job

I work a savage job for a living and get f*ck all for it but I can still buy a nice vw :-D loving my vag at the mo but miss my starlet so much been looking at a few old ones recently in Ireland online :)

trying the offshore route but its not easy mate I live out of town n know few folk but need papers which I don't have but looking for yard work to get in the door as my mates done that :-)

Yes many have gd jobs and some really nice cars but Jesus get with reality lol

Well least a fair few agree with me now and had few pm from people agreeing too :-)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:12:10 pm by Kemnaychris »
2005 blue gray 140 gt tdi

Offline jimojameso

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 08:29:50 am »
I know eactly what you mean mate. This forum is generally full of good guys! The audi sport forum on the other hand is full of idiots!! Ha ha  :smiley:
2010 Audi TT RS - Sepang Blue - 420BHP, 600NM

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 10:52:31 am »
There will always be idiots, keyboard warriors and individuals on forums who believe theirs is the way and if you disagree they will personally (verbally) attack you and/or your opinions.

You will not be immune to banter, joking and piss taking on here but all in good fun and never with a nasty or vindictive slant.

There's a few on here who like to pontificate but even that has its amusement value. It's a great site, the best I'm on or have been on. You'll learn a lot about your car and make some good friends and spend more money that ever intended.

:happy2:

Pontificate. Great word, my Dad used to use it a lot describing me!  :grin:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 11:11:14 am »
^^^^ As does my father of me!  :sad1:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 01:28:45 pm »
Well I was on the eastside forum vw till I spelt few words wrong on a advert  then others cheerped in being cheeky and right arrogant people saying ur spelling is wrong wow i spelt ur instead of your so I got them told no swearing to them tho

then admin no sorry as being corrected by email by them the mods  were even worse with language and attitude problems was unreal was ready to tell the fool what I thought of him  so I said here and tgtt uksc ukso and other forums treat me with respect and all that never had bad word to say :)

The eastside forum admin is the worst I have ever heard from disgusted ain't the word been on tons of forums and no bad experience till now :(

If u know and seen the comments till I asked to be taken of there forums there all just big kids with serious issues I hate there forum it was a joke anyways the way of selling was disgusting looked a right state of a forum full of clowns and over grown monkeys

Had little interest and low post counts so really not bothered

Love this forum just like tgtt and ukso

Got some ace info so far and parts and help

Keep up the gd work :-)

I understand you are not happy with the above mentioned forum, but we would  ask you not to  slag it off on here please. Part of what you perceive as being good about this place is the ( in general ) respectful nature to all. Your problem is a personal one with that forum and i dont see a benefit of you airing your grievances on here.
What other forums do, even if it is slagging off this place is there issue and nothing to do with here.  :happy2: