Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Smoke
« on: November 27, 2012, 10:21:55 pm »
The previous ower on my car was an occassional smoker  :ashamed:

Clean the car regular, but on HOT days you can still get a wiff here and there. whats the best way to kinda get rid? believe you can put a steamer in, steam the car with the widows open a little? true?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline TheBIGJAYY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 9
Re: Smoke
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 09:54:47 am »
have you tried shampooing the interior and wet-vac'ing it? i did that on my old car when the previous owner was clearly a smoker and it got rid of the smell quite well.

Rainford Accounting Services
Tel. 07875505637
Email. jrainfordmaat@gmail.com

Offline stubert

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 03:49:46 pm »
Autosmart do a fumigator type machine that you pop in your car for ~12 hours. 

My old Integra gearbox went and the smell of burning gearbox oil had tainted the interior beyond belief.  The Autosmart machine worked absolute wonders.

A lot of garages use Autosmart cleaning products so if you ask nicely or know someone their Autosmart rep might give them a loan of the machine as a 'trial'.  That's what I managed to get :) 

Otherwise, just get a cat to piss in it.

Offline stubert

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 03:54:32 pm »

Offline Neil R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 09:31:46 pm »
Is the smoke smell worse when you have the air conditioning on??

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 10:26:08 pm »
Thanks for the info. I will look into finding someone near me who has a machine.

And yes does adores when it's arm and the blowers on. . . . . . .?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
Re: Smoke - UPDATE
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 09:35:33 pm »
OK, looked about and found this............

http://www.clean-image.co.uk/articles/remove-cigarette-smoke-smell-car-vid.htm

do you think I could use a std smoke machine with a solution in??? seems simple enough??

Offline keano

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 10:13:24 pm »
Dude. Just wet vac your seats, headlining and carpets.  :confused:

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 10:27:44 pm »
Got a wet a dry vac - its not the greatest really :( find the nozel to big to get round the curves etc.

Was thinking of the above mainly to clear the air vents etc.

Offline TheBIGJAYY

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 02:45:38 pm »
surely just changing the cabin filters would be easier....pollen filter etc etc?

Rainford Accounting Services
Tel. 07875505637
Email. jrainfordmaat@gmail.com

Offline Conrad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 11:25:48 am »
I recently got my car couldn't smell smoke until I tried out the air con even then wasn't very strong at all but I still I used auto glym air con sanitizer and can't smell smoke at all. Plus I've never smoked so can notice it fairly well.

Hope this helps!

Offline smithyc1987

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
  • 08 Tornado red gti monza 2s and full leather.
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 09:59:14 pm »
Yes mate use a fogger like a dj has but u put in a solution. close the doors and windows and let the car fill up,
It gets everywhere like smoke in the first place, we have 1 at work, awsome bit of kit.