Make a donation

Author Topic: water leak destroys gateway device .. windscreen?  (Read 9331 times)

Offline Kemnaychris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: water leak destroys gateway device .. windscreen?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 07:55:43 am »
Cheers reply n I don't think my floor is wet will double check in a minute :( floor is bone dry :)

It's just up above dash driver pillar it's wet down the bottom that leads to dash and windscreen :(

I put. Towel on where water was coming in and it's a dry pillar this morning but wet towel :(

Looks like a new window or will try clean scuttle but water is coming from above dash driver pillar steering wheel to the right :( no Water has been lying as I think it ain't bad as the pillar sooking the water :(

And not sure as only had the car say 2 months now but only recently starting doing this :(

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 09:31:07 am by Kemnaychris »
2005 blue gray 140 gt tdi

Offline asantaga

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 06:14:44 pm »
From your description i think its the windscreen...

Offline Kemnaychris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 06:36:02 pm »
Yeah was thinking that cause if u pull the rubber plastic down side of window there is signs of missing sealer at top middle and bottom :(

Gutted as hell like insurance excess tho :)

Cheers for help tho dude :)

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 06:42:07 pm »
does the car have a sunroof??

2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline asantaga

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 06:42:39 pm »
dude,

Check the windscreen as the previous chap said, but Id pay the insurance excess (£60 or so isnt it?), than pay for fried electrics..

Offline Kemnaychris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 06:44:19 pm »
No sun roof mate

And yeah going to phone after Christmas as can't see them coming to do it tomorrow or Monday with the savage rain we have just now and Christmas few days away :(

Going to remove the pillar if its dry tomorrow and see if I can see water :( will use a watering can

Offline asantaga

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 01:46:59 pm »
Good luck!

Once you find the leak, the only thing you then do is "dry" the carpets.. Last night the VW dealer called me and informed me that the car was nearly ready but they' also advised me that the carpets really need removing & drying.

Why?
Apparently below the carpet is a foam underlay+sound denting.. If the top of the carpet is wet then it means the bottom is also wet, and water is likely to have accumulated. If i leave it, when it finally drys it will smell... bad...

Now the dealer suggest they need to remove  all the seats(!) to then remove the carpet, put the carpet in a boilerroom and then replace.. circa another 400 quid...

Obviously Im not paying this, I'll just add it to the windscreen companys bill... but at the same time I'm a reasonable man......

I think you could simply peel back the carpet on the drivers side, maybe take out that seat, and go from there..

Offline Kemnaychris

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 02:05:50 pm »
Yeah mate driver side is not as bad but the passenger side is savage now going to clear scuttle n get new windscreen fitted and see how I get on from there :)

Would water come from rear roof n go down front can't see it happen but never know

Non sun roof so can't see it happening but going to remove a lot if panels n see what's going on:)

Cheers for the help and info dude :-)