Make a donation

Author Topic: Tesco Warranty cover  (Read 1073 times)

Offline rskardon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
Tesco Warranty cover
« on: July 25, 2009, 04:41:16 pm »
Hi Guys,

With my car now out of warranty I am looking at getting some cover, having looked around Tesco cover looks quite reasonable with the 'standard cover' at £259 for my car covering a decent amount of compnents (see here - https://carwarrantyplan.tescofinance.com/documents/policy_document.pdf)

Has anyone had any experience of Tesco's warranty cover and how good/quick the are at paying etc??

Thanks,

R

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
Re: Tesco Warranty cover
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 11:34:42 am »
We've got the top warranty on the other halfs cooper s which covers pretty much everything.  As far as claims go, it goes to mini as normal with the warranty certificate and they use that to make the claim.  For us, it is no different to a normal warranty except it covers more :happy2:

Offline TomB

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 12:13:32 pm »
It seems pretty good for standard cars, but the bit about writing to the Warranty Administrator for permission to modify your car, then getting the mods done at their approved garage sounds a little far fetched.

I think its worth it on some cars, but probably not my GTI  :smiley:
Tom
05 GTI - 18" Merc wheels, coilovers, colour coded Votex kit, all waiting to go on.

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 02:52:39 pm »
I've used www.warrantydirect.co.uk on my cars when the dealership ones have expired. Very competative and main dealer authorised too