Make a donation

Author Topic: VWR Racingline  (Read 4362 times)

Peskarik

Re: VWR Racingline
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 08:40:03 pm »

OK, but can I get in touch with them somehow any time soon?  :sad1:

Mounts are my next mod, that I really need to do, as my engine jolts like  :sick:

they are not the only people who sell engine mounts. The VF kit is reputedly very good and other people like JKM who have excellent customer service have them in stock and can dispatch them to you straight away.

http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/tfsimotormounts.htm

VWR's look more "stock".
VF look aftermarket. I bet they are good, but what about compliance in those mounts compared to VWRs'?

I drive roads (pretty bad ones as well), I do not do any track.

Peskarik

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 08:44:23 pm »
So, basically, it is lost cause trying to get VWR mounts?  :sad:

Offline chungster

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 08:47:19 pm »
what has the "look" got to do with it? you can't see 2 out of the 3 anyway (i think!!)

if you have crap roads then stick to OEM mounts. any aftermarket ones will be uprated and stiffer, and enough to make a difference (or else there's no point)

like i say plenty of people have fitted the VF ones and rave about it.

Email Keith at JKM and he'll explain it all to ya. and I promise he'll reply within the month.  :wink:

:driver:

Peskarik

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 08:53:36 pm »
what has the "look" got to do with it? you can't see 2 out of the 3 anyway (i think!!)

if you have crap roads then stick to OEM mounts. any aftermarket ones will be uprated and stiffer, and enough to make a difference (or else there's no point)

like i say plenty of people have fitted the VF ones and rave about it.

Email Keith at JKM and he'll explain it all to ya. and I promise he'll reply within the month.  :wink:

:driver:
:happy2:

I know they will be stiffer, that is what I need. OEM ones are too soft.
But VF use poly, I don't know what VWR uses in their mounts, but they look classier. And they do not stick out with the red bushes. And they have "Volkswagen Racing" written on them.  :ashamed:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 08:55:03 pm »
 :rolleye: :confused:

in that case....carry on waiting for a reply.

good luck!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 09:06:21 pm »
What about all your rattles wont you get even more  :rolleye:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 09:12:00 pm »
What about all your rattles wont you get even more  :rolleye:

it doesn't matter...its the looks and the VWR badging that counts  :wink:

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 09:13:41 pm »

No its not a lost cause you may just have to wait a while for a response. As I was always told, all good things come to those who wait! :happy2:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 09:15:22 pm »

No its not a lost cause you may just have to wait a while for a response. As I was always told, all good things come to those who wait! :happy2:

has coco got his shifter fix yet then????? 

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 09:17:02 pm »
I didnt say how long you have to wait! :rolleye:

Peskarik

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2009, 09:18:13 pm »
What about all your rattles wont you get even more  :rolleye:

it doesn't matter...its the looks and the VWR badging that counts  :wink:

?

Yes, I like the look of VWR mounts better, so?  :confused:

Moreover, I do not know which mounts are stiffer - VF mounts of VWR mounts for fast road use. I am not looking for racing mounts (which VWR also provides).

Yes, probably the rattles will increase, but better that than engine jumping around destroying all the fun.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:20:05 pm by Peskarik »

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2009, 09:35:05 pm »
peskarik mate,

now don't take this the wrong way, but i'm finding your posts a bit contradictory!

you want uprated mounts for fast road use, yet you say you drive on crap roads (so can't go too fast anyway) and you don't do track days, so is there any point for you uprating the mounts from OEM replacements?

you don't like the VF mounts cos they're red and stick out, but like the VWR ones as they "look"stock and has the VWR logo.

most driving enthusiasts would not give 2 monkeys about the looks, as long as it did the job first and foremost.

we've given you an alternative option, but you don't want to go down that road cos u've already set your mind up on getting the VWR kit, which is fair enough.

in which case, you just need to sit and wait for their reply. the guys raced at snetterton over the weekend so are probably fixing race cars as the next one is only 2 weeks away.

t :happy2:

Peskarik

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2009, 10:13:45 pm »
peskarik mate,

now don't take this the wrong way, but i'm finding your posts a bit contradictory!

you want uprated mounts for fast road use, yet you say you drive on crap roads (so can't go too fast anyway) and you don't do track days, so is there any point for you uprating the mounts from OEM replacements?

you don't like the VF mounts cos they're red and stick out, but like the VWR ones as they "look"stock and has the VWR logo.

most driving enthusiasts would not give 2 monkeys about the looks, as long as it did the job first and foremost.

we've given you an alternative option, but you don't want to go down that road cos u've already set your mind up on getting the VWR kit, which is fair enough.

in which case, you just need to sit and wait for their reply. the guys raced at snetterton over the weekend so are probably fixing race cars as the next one is only 2 weeks away.

t :happy2:

I am not "most drivers".

THe point, like I said, is too much engine movement.
I do not drive fast on bad roads, but on highways I do drive fast, and even with very minute application of power, getting on and off gas pedal VERY GENTLY makes the engine move. I think maybe my mounts have become too soft. Unfortunately, I have no other E30 to compare too, the big community of E30 owners is where you're at, that is Britain, and I am not driving there to test other GTIs.  :smiley:
So I thought I might as well change the mounts to something more sporty (but not too sporty, like VWR racing mounts).
I have quite some power, you know, 330hp/460Nm. Want to use it.

I appreciate VERY MUCH input from all you guys. Like I said, this forum and the one on golfgti.co.uk are the only places where I can discuss my problems and get some answers, and some inspiration!

I'll probably buy VF mounts. I checked BSH, but their mounts are loooong overdue.

I wish someone who tried GTI with full VF mount kit could tell me how much vibration in the cabin there is.

P.S. And yes, the looks matter for me, when it comes to engine mounts. They all do have approximately similar performance, but I like the looks of VWR mounts, which are more expensive as well, but it does not matter. Isn't it good that I want to support British company instead of American?  :happy2: But waiting 2-3-4-.... weeks for racinline guys to come back from racing, that is too much for me. Personally, I think they should review their webpage, if they cannot handle sales - do not advertise.

It is not always looks that matter. I like alloys with wide lip, but I'd buy Alleggeritas, because they are light, and substance over looks prevail (to some degree) in that case for me.

P.P.S. I know NEXT TO NOTHING about cars. THat's the first car I tune. So I may ask stupid questions. But I learn as I go.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 10:21:46 pm by Peskarik »