Make a donation

Author Topic: Twintercooler hose's  (Read 1916 times)

Offline graeme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
Twintercooler hose's
« on: January 31, 2013, 02:58:06 pm »
I contacted forge about a twintercooler hose replacement about a year ago as when i fitted the s3 cooler the pipes wouldn't fit! they told me that it would be 180+vat and i could not buy one single side i had 2 buy them both. After a bit of searching on here i found cheap replacement hoses from china. . . Well cheaper at £120 + £30 shipping . Neither price i was willing to pay so i made my own pipe. My home made pipe decided to give in about a week ago but it was a quick fix and was always going to need to replace it. Called up forge and asked them to send me a pipe out. This time they only wanted £60+vat per pipe and you could buy single sides.

Just thought i would let you know in case any one had my problem :happy2:

Offline fab5freddy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239
Re: Twintercooler hose's
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:18:04 pm »
Hey Graeme,

Thanks for the info. How do you find running both coolers? I've heard a couple of people now mention that they believe that running the two might cause extra lag due to the extra intake pressure?

I have the S3 and thinking of adding the front mount (forge or airtec) any help / advice much appreciated  :drinking:

Offline graeme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 09:38:11 am »
There is no noticeable lag that i am aware of, They could be right however i m running a k04 converted car and due to the engine differences the boost does come in a lot earlier so i couldn't really comment on that. I would say go forge because i like their products how ever i think Airtec are the exactly the same cooler with a lesser price tag.

If i were to go back and do it again i think i would go airtec purely for the price difference.  :happy2:

Offline Ash3000k

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 10:13:11 am »
I contacted forge about a twintercooler hose replacement about a year ago as when i fitted the s3 cooler the pipes wouldn't fit! they told me that it would be 180+vat and i could not buy one single side i had 2 buy them both. After a bit of searching on here i found cheap replacement hoses from china. . . Well cheaper at £120 + £30 shipping . Neither price i was willing to pay so i made my own pipe. My home made pipe decided to give in about a week ago but it was a quick fix and was always going to need to replace it. Called up forge and asked them to send me a pipe out. This time they only wanted £60+vat per pipe and you could buy single sides.

Just thought i would let you know in case any one had my problem :happy2:

Will these fit mk6?

Offline graeme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 10:16:44 am »
Will these fit mk6?

If you have a twintercooler then i am sure you could ask them to supply the hose's for the mk6.

Offline Ash3000k

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 10:19:06 am »
Will these fit mk6?

If you have a twintercooler then i am sure you could ask them to supply the hose's for the mk6.

Hmm, worth considering,  :happy2:

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 11:31:29 am »
Hey Graeme,

Thanks for the info. How do you find running both coolers? I've heard a couple of people now mention that they believe that running the two might cause extra lag due to the extra intake pressure?

I have the S3 and thinking of adding the front mount (forge or airtec) any help / advice much appreciated  :drinking:

james i added the twintercooler to my s3 last august. now pdt, at the time of fitting found a boost leak, so this was probably as much of the improvement but i found 40hp on the dyno and the drive home was  :driver: i did lose 10lb ft of torque though after fitting the twintercooler. but you cant notice any lag and 358lb ft to 348lb ft did not notice on the road either.
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline fab5freddy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 02:02:59 pm »
There is no noticeable lag that i am aware of, They could be right however i m running a k04 converted car and due to the engine differences the boost does come in a lot earlier so i couldn't really comment on that. I would say go forge because i like their products how ever i think Airtec are the exactly the same cooler with a lesser price tag.

If i were to go back and do it again i think i would go airtec purely for the price difference.  :happy2:

james i added the twintercooler to my s3 last august. now pdt, at the time of fitting found a boost leak, so this was probably as much of the improvement but i found 40hp on the dyno and the drive home was  :driver: i did lose 10lb ft of torque though after fitting the twintercooler. but you cant notice any lag and 358lb ft to 348lb ft did not notice on the road either.

Thanks lads. Ko4 converted also and to my mind the cooler the better  :evilgrin:

Going to try jump on the Airtec group buy if they can do for S3 fitment  :innocent: