Make a donation

Author Topic: Being charged for 'cambelt noise' warranty work on the '30?? Now sorted!  (Read 21115 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: Being charged for 'cambelt noise' warranty work on the '30?? Now sorted!
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2010, 07:46:08 pm »
One more to add to this list...  :pomppomp:

Took my car in to dealer last week about a squeak under the bonnet, they changed the auxiliary belt and tensioner- didn't solve it...

Took it back in again this week, had cam belt and tensioner replaced today, tensioner was under warranty but had to pay £38 for the cam belt.

I asked if I should have the water pump changed too at this point but apparently it's a completely different job and would've only been necessary on the earlier gti's.  :confused: I'll just take his word for it.

Happy that it's sorted now.  :smiley:

Sorry, but they have blatantly BS-ed you.  On all Mk5 GTI engines (apart from some very late Yankie versions) the water pump is driven by the rubber teeth on the timing belt.

Speak to the dealer principle, and if you get no joy, speak to VW UK Customer Services - as the stealer is blatantly lying to you.
Doesnt surprise me shaun, some of Mech's down there are abit clueless from past experiance.

It was actually your preferred master tech mechanic (Colin) that told me that Steve!  :fighting:
Wow - just like the master tech at my local Audi stealer.  He actually wears a white ironed shirt and tie - I doubt he even knows how to climb into a pair of overalls.

VWUK really are pi$$ing me off with the amount of totatlly incompetent so-called 'technicians' they allow their stealers to employ!  I think it is high time we took VWUK to task over this - VW (and Audi/Seat/Skoda) build absolutely brilliant cars, yet these cars are repeatedly being fcuked up by their own main stealers!  :fighting:  :fighting:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Itsagthing

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
So guys I also have this noise on mine being a tech anyway are you guys getting this replaced under warranty even if the warranty is out due to faulty Manu parts? Or if you guys have it out of warranty with the fault are you paying yourselves for it? I work for A another big dealership so can do it myself but if its covered under warranty then why pay when it's free?

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
Thing the issues were all sorted under warranty periods, this thread is over 2 years old.  :happy2:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Mine was still in warranty just... I cant imagine theyd do it if youre warranty has expired.
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE