Make a donation

Author Topic: Impressive Crash  (Read 2927 times)

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
Re: Impressive Crash
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 03:40:34 pm »
Lots of energy in a moving car. Hit a curb or something that points it upwards, pretty easy to get air (wrecking the front in the process) the top gear double loop is done at 25 mph.

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 04:32:56 pm »
ho-lee-sh*t  :scared:

Anyone remember Traffic COps 2009? Where a BMW Z4 and Civic Type R were racing and the Civic lost control and barrel rolled something like 8 times and landed on the roof of a bungalow  :stupid:

BMW driver done 18 m0nths and the Civic driver survived...just

Remember that - quite horrific - especially the reaction of the beemer driver. Completely not fussed at all by it when he was arrested.

Keep it for the trackdays..., and even then you have to have some driving competence to avoid being black flagged...

In Sigglesthorne just down the road from where my mum lives.  :surprised:

Offline 81lly

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 04:49:15 pm »
Looks like he has skimmed over the BMW and rocketed into the house...

He's more than skimmed the BMW..

Offline Frenzy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 05:22:14 pm »
Lots of energy in a moving car. Hit a curb or something that points it upwards, pretty easy to get air (wrecking the front in the process) the top gear double loop is done at 25 mph.

Get real though he's not done 30mph in order to come off a bend in the wrong direction (normally you'd expect him to wash out to the left/outside of that bend not end up to the right) take off and land firmly planted in some one's front room  :scared:.

Now say he was doing 30 and needed to avoid something which causes him to jinx right, unless he's a complete numpty who has confused the accelerator for the brake pedal, at 30mph he mounts the curb and takes down the hedge and nestles against the bimmer at worst (retarding affect of all 3 plus some actual braking).

Of course your brakes only work if your tyres are in contact with the ground  :wink: cars tend not to get too airborne for too long at normal driving speeds  :wink:

Unless the unfortunate sod hit a thermal right after he clipped the curb. Damn those thermals be crazy  :grin:

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2013, 05:52:36 pm »
The car that did the backflip made 75 ft straight up from 37 mph. My rough calc's suggest a golf at 50 mph if it lost no speed in the transition could make that height. I'm not saying he wasn't going fast but you don't need much to get air. That car has made about 1 m and then driven over the other two cars to get to the wall.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 07:01:55 pm »
There is certainly a whole lot of assumption in this thread, based on very few facts.

The guy could have collapsed at the wheel for instance. Perhaps wise to keep an open mind until justice is dished out.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 09:06:49 pm »
There is certainly a whole lot of assumption in this thread, based on very few facts.

The guy could have collapsed at the wheel for instance. Perhaps wise to keep an open mind until justice is dished out.

Definitely.

This is not the same as the car BBQ thread.

Until facts are known, no definitive assumptions can be made.

Offline mad_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 09:43:18 pm »
All I am commenting on is the likely speed required to achieve that much height. I hope the driver is okay but I'm just saying you have enough energy at low speeds to lift a car pretty high.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 10:04:44 pm »
All I am commenting on is the likely speed required to achieve that much height. I hope the driver is okay but I'm just saying you have enough energy at low speeds to lift a car pretty high.

Absolutely, I think the natural presumption is that you've got to be really going some for that to happen, but I really don't know, nor does anyone know the real circumstances of this accident.

Saintsteve

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 07:45:52 am »

Still think the guy wasn't trying hard enough as the householder might of had a swimming pool he was aiming for..

Offline AndyED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 11
  • ED30
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 12:04:48 am »
Don't get me wrong, that's impressive! But the driver in the link below has upped the bar somewhat.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/4493713.stm

Offline MightyMullet

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 5
  • Penzance, Cornwall
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 10:15:12 am »
QUATTRO KICKED IN YO!

Its really not that easy to lose control of these, i have a couple of mates with them and ive driven them a few times, they are so planted. The guy is extremly lucky to still be breathing, and i hope he gets out ok. Will be intregued to hear his excuse, although i suspect it to be a load of bull!