Make a donation

Author Topic: Anyone bought and Edition 35?  (Read 4756 times)

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
Re: Anyone bought and Edition 35?
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 01:02:03 pm »
Regularly get mid 30's in my R on my drive to work..............

And who buys a daily driver based on how it would/wouldn't work best for trackdays?!?!?

Now I've had the R I wouldn't go back to a front wheel drive Golf. The way it goes about it's business is so impressive with no fuss whatsoever when it comes to getting away and grip.  Ok so a race driver may prefer a front or rear wheel drive on track, but as there are no race tracks on my daily commute I won't be worrying anytime soon!  :laugh:

I think Hurdy's thread alone should be enough to convince the doubters with regard the advantages of the R over the 'lesser' (  :laugh: ) models in the range!  :grin:

Offline Joesoap

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 2
  • Homeless
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 01:06:35 pm »
I would buy an R based on how it looks, and on its relative rarity.
X2 the mk6 golf R is the car the mk5 R32 should have been.
Next step up from an edition 30 would be an R in my opinion,

In blue two door  :happy2:

Has to be Grey

Revo,milltek,Bilstein,AP's,Ths mounts,dbilas, Sorted

Offline GTI5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2013, 01:09:22 pm »

And who buys a daily driver based on how it would/wouldn't work best for trackdays?!?!?

Now I've had the R I wouldn't go back to a front wheel drive Golf. The way it goes about it's business is so impressive with no fuss whatsoever when it comes to getting away and grip.  Ok so a race driver may prefer a front or rear wheel drive on track, but as there are no race tracks on my daily commute I won't be worrying anytime soon!  :laugh:

I think Hurdy's thread alone should be enough to convince the doubters with regard the advantages of the R over the 'lesser' (  :laugh: ) models in the range!  :grin:

I like the R in Rising Blue with the Black Talladega wheels.

Mid-30's MPG is decent, what sort of journey is that though? I've read an average of 26 mpg is to be expected from an R with DSG.
MK6 GTI Revo
MK5 GTI DSG - Gone

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2013, 02:06:52 pm »
Mk7 R is where its at  :evilgrin:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=qqe2rp1cekfnpq7rp9ru2u833u&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2013, 02:20:01 pm »

Now I've had the R I wouldn't go back to a front wheel drive Golf. The way it goes about it's business is so impressive with no fuss whatsoever when it comes to getting away and grip.  Ok so a race driver may prefer a front or rear wheel drive on track, but as there are no race tracks on my daily commute I won't be worrying anytime soon!  :laugh:

I think Hurdy's thread alone should be enough to convince the doubters with regard the advantages of the R over the 'lesser' (  :laugh: ) models in the range!  :grin:

Yeah... if all you do is traffic light GP!!  :laugh:

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2013, 02:21:03 pm »
yup i agree,

i dont think i would buy another gti again after my Eddie (unless finances forced me back to a MK4 for example) it would have to be an R if get another Golf
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2013, 02:30:19 pm »

Mid-30's MPG is decent, what sort of journey is that though? I've read an average of 26 mpg is to be expected from an R with DSG.

+2...grip isn't a issue on the R...just step on it & away u go..

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2013, 09:51:41 pm »

Through a town then mainly cross country B roads. I like the rising blue but as it seemed to be the most popular colour I avoided it!  :wink:

Regularly got into the 30's when I had to use the motorway too. I put this down to it having a proper gearbox where the driver chooses the optimum gear to be in.........  :innocent:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=qqe2rp1cekfnpq7rp9ru2u833u&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2013, 12:23:31 am »

Through a town then mainly cross country B roads. I like the rising blue but as it seemed to be the most popular colour I avoided it!  :wink:

Regularly got into the 30's when I had to use the motorway too. I put this down to it having a proper gearbox where the driver chooses the optimum gear to be in.........  :innocent:

.... so driving everywhere in 6th isnt a good idea?  :laugh: