Make a donation

Author Topic: My new GTi  (Read 4129 times)

Offline Jungle_Faced_Jake

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
Re: My new GTi
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 01:07:26 pm »
Cheers Gareth. Nigel you've had a similar history to me. I started off with a Mk1, then a Mk3 and now a Mk5. The others were great too but the Mk5 is in a different class. I wouldn't mind another Mk1 though, I'm becoming very nostalgic about them lately. The Mk5 would eat it for breakfast but they are such great fun, like driving a little go cart  :smiley:

Offline golf nutter

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 13
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 06:34:43 pm »
Funny you should say that Jake...i have been looking for resto jobs on ebay recently...mk2 16v this time.  i still love the mk1 but remember testing a mk2 16v and loving it but ended up with a highly tuned vr6 instead which was an absolute hoot!  i really miss that car.  that was also reflex silver but done in a pearl effect  :drool:

if you don't mind me asking, how much was it to have the front and rear bumpers and side skirts prepared and painted please?

Offline Jungle_Faced_Jake

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 12:42:46 am »
I was fortunate that the previous owner already had these done so that saved me a few bob as I would have done them myself otherwise. Don't know why VW chose not to colour code them along with putting standard rear lights on :confused: Seems they were cutting some corners in places. Once I get the remap done it'll be the car it should have been when it left the factory  :happy2: What's next after that I don't know yet  :signLOL: