Make a donation

Author Topic: Hi from the US  (Read 2103 times)

Offline H DUBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Hi from the US
« on: October 03, 2009, 04:53:14 am »
Hello All,

Just wanted to share with y'all a MK5 which I spotted today.
It was an orange gti mk5 3dr. It was parked in a car park of a near by mall. It was definately modded, lowered and different wheels. It was a quick trip to the mall and I didn't have a camera nor phone (damn it)
It looked good as it's so rare. I thought it was a re-spray until I popped into a local VW garage and spoke to the parts guy who told me that it's a special edition which they did out here in the states. 

SteveP: I went into the dealership to order the front end cover and was told that it has been deleted and they don't do them anymore. bummer  :sad1:

Anyways, seen plenty of decent modded mk5 out here. I think having DUB WERKS only 5 mins away helps. Might give them a visit  :wink:

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Hi from the US
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 10:52:17 am »
I suspect you've see a Fahrenheit GTi.   :smiley:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline SteveyD

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 12:06:34 pm »
sounds pretty trick, anyone got any pics of one?

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 01:41:59 pm »
I saw a couple of those while we were out there a couple of weeks ago.  I did the same and thought it was a paint job until I saw another.

Are you buying any parts while you're out there?

Be careful with Megs Clay in your hand luggage, it makes the security at the airport more than a little twitchy.  :grin:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline H DUBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 03:21:14 pm »
The one I saw was all colour coded, bumper, side skirts etc.... It looked amazing.
I have seen it again since driving around locally so I'm hoping to spot it again and take some photos.
Stu: I might take a trip to dub werks to have a chat, and check out the prices.
I've purchased front and rear black VW emblems, and a red gti badge for the rear. Oh and a carbon fibre gti pen from the local dealers :wink:.
Really wanted the front end cover with the red gti logo but oh well........

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 03:22:08 pm »

Be careful with Megs Clay in your hand luggage, it makes the security at the airport more than a little twitchy.  :grin:

They will be sure to take you to a side room for detailed questioning...   :laugh:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 04:29:34 pm »
If you decide you want APR or anything let me know and I'll square it with the man I used.  Got a deal on some Iridium plugs too.

We only really thought about it whilst waiting at check in - Megs Clay looks like Plastic Explosive   :ashamed:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline H DUBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 04:59:46 pm »
Thanks Stu  :happy2:

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 08:10:32 pm »

They will be sure to take you to a side room for detailed questioning...   :laugh:

oh dear  :grin: