Make a donation

Author Topic: Parking Sensors  (Read 3626 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Parking Sensors
« on: October 10, 2011, 05:30:53 pm »
Right, this may open yet another can of worms, but I'm going to ask the question:

I have factory fitted parking sensors and an RNS510 < how do I get the sensors to display on the RNS510 ?

Example

'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
Re: Parking Sensors
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 05:49:15 pm »
not possible unless you spend a lot of dosh :jumping:

Your current sensors and control unit would need to be upgraded to the newer ones.
As the new ones are smaller in size than your current ones, you would also need a new bumper cover
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 06:43:50 pm »
Johnny you will need the OPS park assist CarSystems do a kit for around £270 with every thing included.

Has for your bumper the sensors are the same size holes IF you already have factory sensors..? The  difference in size is if you have the dealer fit sensors.

Speak to Si-R32 on here or over on R32oc he'll sort you out with the info

Darren     

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 06:47:50 pm »
Johnny you will need the OPS park assist CarSystems do a kit for around £270 with every thing included.

Has for your bumper the sensors are the same size holes IF you already have factory sensors..? The  difference in size is if you have the dealer fit sensors.

Speak to Si-R32 on here or over on R32oc he'll sort you out with the info

Darren     

if Johnny has the same sensors as me and scott, factory fit 2004 - 2007 then the holes will be too big
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 09:07:43 pm »
Thanks for ingo. gents as always!

I think the easiest route and more functional (near future) would have the be the rear view camera.

Had my doubts obviously, but thought it may have just been an RNS update.

Yes 2004 standard parking sensors fitted < just bleeps as I come close to stuff.
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline SI-R32

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 03:02:47 pm »
Hi

The holes will, as siad before be to big but you can get a Skoda holder for the new sensors that fit in the OEM hole, your whole system is a bosch system, you would need to change it to the newer valeo system, including the control module and 4 new sensors and loom, your exsisting control module is wired into a certain can bus but the new system runs on the drive can bus (hope that makes sense.

also that kit mentioned before is a good place to start, requiring just 4 Skoda holders to be perchased as well then a bit of wiring, job done

have a look through this (ingnoring anything to do with the fronts, unless your after that as well) for some more info mate

http://www.r32oc.com/car-entertainment/22967-optical-rear-park.html

Simon
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 03:06:05 pm by SI-R32 »
Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline nc35

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 40
  • -Receive: 14
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 08:26:47 pm »
Anyone in or around leeds recommended to fit sensors to wife's Rocco. Currently has no sensors.
No Golf anymore. 
Enjoyed the last five years of ownership of Mk5 & 6 GTIs.
Plus an excellent forum for knowledge and new ways to deplete the bank account.
Thank You Everyone.

Offline G-Lader

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 11:48:42 pm »
Anyone in or around leeds recommended to fit sensors to wife's Rocco. Currently has no sensors.

Pm Darren above (Mortygttdi), he is local to you and I've only heard very good things about his work.

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2011, 02:15:46 am »

Pm Darren above (Mortygttdi), he is local to you and I've only heard very good things about his work.

Always thought they where a straight swap for the factory sensors, keep thinking wether to fit the front and rear sensors to mine?? Now I come to think about it Si I do remember that big grey bit of plastic you had to buy for yours I guess that was the holders. Sorry Johnny me giving you duff info     

Thanks for the recommendation but unfortunately its the only thing I wont do give me a bunch of wires to put together and thats fine but butchering someone new car? Sorry but I just wouldn't feel right, I do know an excellent fitter round Leeds though subs for Audi Leeds does all there fitting for parking sensors Ill get his number for you tomorrow.

Darren  
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 02:24:26 am by mortygttdi »

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 11:30:16 pm »
Thanks to you ALL!! Got a good idea now, didn't think it would have been a simple upgrade.....but once again I need to upgrade my inferior parts.....

For me (and now) I think I'd be better putting the money towards a reverse camera and having the bleeps as a 2nd guide.