Make a donation

Poll

WHERE TO BUY 5 DOOR MK5 SIDESKIRTS?

5 DOOR
0 (0%)
mk5
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: 5 DOOR MK5 SIDESKIRTS?  (Read 1174 times)

Offline woahnowboys

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: 5 DOOR MK5 SIDESKIRTS?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2013, 05:03:57 pm »
Pretty sure you can only collect, they didn't offer me any other method

'87 MK1 Cabby - To be 20vT'd.
MK5 Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Offline G40will

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Re: 5 DOOR MK5 SIDESKIRTS?
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2013, 10:12:08 pm »
Main dealers won't deliver, however if you get an account with TPS they will deliver to you.

All in for 5 door skirts and all the fittings is £140 from TPS and will be more from the dealer.

I got the whole kit, fitting strips and 4x clips for under the car and the skirts off eBay for £120 they were painted silver already so had been professionally sanded and painted so all I needed to do was fill the jacking point markers and the vertical line towards the rear of the skirt and paint them so they now look like the R32 smooth version without the £250 per skirt price tag.

I didn't use the fitting strips in the end and they have stayed on really securely with the foam double sided tape that seals them to the sill of the car and stopped crap getting down there.

A tip when fitting them, don't peel the backing of the above mentioned double sided tape until you have screwed them to the car. Then press them firmly up against the sill and ensure they fit correctly then peel the backing off as you go along sealing them to the car.

Hope that all made sense :signLOL:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:16:12 pm by G40will »