Make a donation

Author Topic: Hello, from México, I'm Gerardo and this is my GLI Mk5 2009  (Read 2800 times)

Offline Gerardo Munguia

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Hello, from México, I'm Gerardo and this is my GLI Mk5 2009
« on: September 01, 2015, 08:09:07 pm »
Hello There. My name is Gerardo Munguía and I'm from México City. I've looking for some clubs around the world to share and learn more about those models of cars. Mine is a 2009 mk5 Jetta GLI (In my country are known as Bora) and it shares all the powertrain and platform with mk5's GTI's. I'm in love with my car and I conscious that I need to take a lot care of it. For this reason I wanna keep in touch with you and, of course, practice my english too. It's very important for me make a contact with people with more experience than I and, if it's possible, contribute with some DIY and the progress of my project  :grin:

First to all, my grandma gave me the car on 5 of june as a gift for my graduation from the college. I've had the car for 3 months and I'm feeling great with it. My car is powered with the 2.0TFSI engine with 6 speed manual transmission as a mk5 GTI. Basically, there are the same car but my car have a bigger trunk. I'd prefer saloon cars and for that reason I preferred at the time a GLI instead of a GTI. It has less than 31500 miles on the odometer.

In México, a brand called Automagic sold in their time a set of polyurethane spoilers to the rear window and a flush one to the trunk, my car comes with both ones but the rear window spoiler was improperly installed and I decide to put out of my car until I can paint that. My other spoiler also needs some paint urgently :laugh:

In addition, I almost forgot to mention that my GLI has GLI mk6 rims because the previous owner swap the original wheels to a horrible 20" ones that damage my shock absorbers and, when the cars came out of the dealer, the previous owner took the option to american version of LED Tailights (In USA is not allowed that the cars have a rear fog light).

Thats the photo when my family asked me to check the car :grin:

My first mod was changing the ugly chineses HID fog lights that came with the car and the OEM high beam bulbs to Extreme yellow lights.

Also because my car is white and I've had a broken license plate light, I made my own versión of Can-Bus corrected lights to the license plate :smiley:

With that correction zero problems and zero broken bulb light in the dashboard

I've bought my own Vag-Com cable and activate the coming and leaving home functions (Disabled by default in America because is a plus for the GTI models). Also I activated the cornering lights, the DRL light and readjusted to a 50% intensity and I will install my rear fog light with Can-Bus Corrected Hyper bright LED's to avoid changing my left reverse tailight 8)

The last weekend I've already installed the spacer to the diverter valve and I love the results. Let me film and upload a video with the sound :grin:

Well. I'm glad to meet you from this side of the puddle. I hope we can be friends and if I can help to you with some parts don't be afraid to ask me. In my country it's relatively easy to get some parts for our cars.

Greetings from México

Gerardo :notworthy:

« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 08:12:29 pm by Gerardo Munguia »

Offline hshofique

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Hello, from México, I'm Gerardo and this is my GLI Mk5 2009
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 08:06:08 pm »
Cool car, and a very nice description about the car.

Offline bluebert92

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,100025.msg982250.html#msg982250
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 08:15:30 pm »
Hi there :) Nice car! looking forward to reading this in the future :driver:

Offline prp74

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 37
  • -Receive: 126
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 08:28:32 pm »
Welcome. Nice spec motor  :happy2:
mk5 Graphite Blue GTI - Leathers, Xenons, MFD2, PDC, Boot Pop - SOLD
mk7 Pure White GTI - Performance Pack, Xenons, DSG, Leathers, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Self Park, Keyless, 18" OZ Ultraleggera

Offline Gerardo Munguia

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 06:59:14 pm »
Thanks for your interest in my car :notworthy:

This weekend if I can find any GoPro Hero camera I will film the sound of the turbo with the DV spacer. I couldn't afford the Forge spacer so I got a cheaper version exactly the same as the Forge one. It's sounds very fine but today I have a Craving to purchase the complete the original Forge Blow off valve kit with vaccum solenoid. The next Tuesday is my birthday and it's possible that I'll buy some surprises to my car :grin:

I send a hug to all of you. We'll keep in touch

Greetings from México :notworthy:

Offline Sjw_Vw

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 04:11:20 pm »
Great write up! Welcome along. I've got a Mk5 Jetta GLI replica, as we didn't get the GLI version in the UK, apart from the 2.0T engine.

Yours looks really nice
Instagram - sjw_vw. Updated all the time :)

Offline jaffa

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 44
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90080.0.html
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 07:01:47 pm »
Wish VW brought the GLI over here I would have bought one 100% over the GTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk