Make a donation

Author Topic: How do you drive yours?  (Read 3884 times)

Offline Blake-R

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: How do you drive yours?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 12:34:41 pm »
That's what i am really looking forward to with the Gti now, don't get me wrong i absolutely love the Type R and like i have said i will be sad to see it go but i'm kind of at that stage where i don't hammer it around everywhere and actually prefer just cruising, but like others have said it's nice to have that power there when you need it. I have been so used to changing down into vtec to get going, which believe me i love, i will definitely miss that screaming iVtec engine, but it's going to be nice having the power so low down that i won't need to change so often to make progress.

Does everyone use the likes of vpower??

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 12:35:56 pm »
Yes mate, as often as my wallet permits!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 12:36:46 pm »
i use Vpower if i can get it, havent found any of that BP102 yet, but ive used tescos 99 with no problem

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2009, 12:38:00 pm »

you get to go back to germany and et the vpower 100 racing petrol from shell. thats all my car has run on for the past two years before moving back to UK :fighting:

Offline RobsCupra

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2009, 12:45:05 pm »
I always use Vpower, the shell is only 2 miles up the road from me and its usually the cheapest place for fuel in the area too.

How do I drive it? On the way to work I drive a granny so usually 60ish on the inside lane, but I live in North Wales and some of the best driving roads in the UK are only 15 20 mins away so I like to get her out and open her up a bit too!  :driver:
MK2 Leon Cupra - Red with a few bits and bobs...!!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2009, 12:50:43 pm »

you get to go back to germany and et the vpower 100 racing petrol from shell. thats all my car has run on for the past two years before moving back to UK :fighting:

Yup :D   Best bit is german shell card gives me full points even though paying 19% less for the fuel :D

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 12:52:02 pm »

Yup :D   Best bit is german shell card gives me full points even though paying 19% less for the fuel :D

you gotta be sh!tting me, i spent 7 years in germany using shell everytime and did not know that

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 12:57:11 pm »

you gotta be sh!tting me, i spent 7 years in germany using shell everytime and did not know that

Ouch :cry:

Offline rskardon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 02:14:32 pm »
I only really drive mine at the weekends, I dont think it really matters what car you have, you will always drive it to your mood or to the urgency of where you want to get for example this weekend was running late on the way to goodwood revival, the roads near there are awesome so i gave it some beans, other days i just take it easy.

I also had a type R before the golf and i have to say the Golf is a lot easier (and more relaxing) to dirve hard, I miss the Type R's Frantic nature sometimes though, it was a blast but in nearly every way the golf is superior,

R