Make a donation

Author Topic: Sold my golf gti  (Read 2877 times)

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
Re: Sold my golf gti
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2014, 03:56:34 pm »
Traded in my gti for mk6 tdi blue motion

As no one has got round to it yet,  may I be the first to say: Good choice and enjoy your new car  :driver:

One minor point, you've swapped an Eco Golf and your already looking to make it faster? Maybe the 2.0 TDI 140 BM may have been more suited to you?
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Scottymon

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 83
  • -Receive: 125
  • UnNaturally Aspirated
  • My Ride: http://www.voodish.co.uk/misc/6n/6n-alive1.jpg
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2014, 04:27:17 pm »
The only reason I don't like the Eco versions is usually they come with longer gear ratio's which can be annoying when you're expecting it to pick up... not saying the Golf is like that but the Volvo and Ford Eco versions are; the GTI picks up better from low revs.  The Fuel economy is great though! :happy2:

Offline Andylemar

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2014, 08:19:18 pm »
I didn't go to buy the tdi I went to get some parts for my gti and the dealer had very good offers on all there car I was gonna go for mk6 gti or gtd untill I was talked into to trying the 1.6 tdi for a few hours
I gave it all it had every where and was still getting 50 mpg I couldn't burn the fuel no matter what I did
And they gave me 10 grand for my gti against the tdi
It's just 1st and 2nd gear where there is no power just want a nice kick up the ass to get it going then it's fine

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2014, 12:27:07 am »
oh man! hope you have a good reason for that! :innocent:

Paul
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces