Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 GTi candy white 3door  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Sim0n_parker

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Mk5 GTi candy white 3door
« on: October 17, 2013, 09:11:30 pm »
Hey all,
Been a member for a while on here just kind of lay in the back ground taking notes and not posting much.
Thought it was about time I started making some effort and posting a few bits and bobs  :smiley:

Got a mk5 gti 3 door in candy white, had the skirts colour coded along with front and rear valance.
Just added a cold sir feed and got rid of the engine cover, recently went in to vw to have my wings and tailgate done under warranty for the corrosion.

Slowly but surely building bits up and "tweaking"
Just acquired some s3 calipers, that I'm stripping cleaning and rebuilding getting ready to squeeze them on under my 17s,

In the market for some new wheels shortly but still sort of tied between two sets so not sure on what I'm going to be going for yet.

Looking at doing some breathing and exhaust mods and a trip to r tec for a little tweak and just generally tart it up with subtle mods.

I kind of like being abit unique and don't like to follow a trend so who knows where this will go.

The other week I fitted some solid console bushes along with brand new front lower arm bushes whilst i was in that area.

Hopefully get some pics up soon,

« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:14:36 pm by Sim0n_parker »

Offline Sim0n_parker

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Mk5 GTi candy white 3door
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 05:43:23 pm »
So finally managed to get a few pics up,
Not really got any of the car when I first got it. But got a few from colour coding band after a few anal polishing weekends.

The partners got the same car but newer with the diamond cut 18's slapped a rns510 with dab in that for her and had the bits colour codes on that aswel
Anyway here's the pics

And just picked some new brakes up! Managed to get some r32 calipers at a steal! Stripped them down had them blasted and powder coated in bright red, rebuilt them got 2 new flexis from work of a r32 so all ready to fit!

Offline J9EVW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 08:53:48 pm »
Love white gti's :happy2:

Offline Leigh200sx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 10:13:22 pm »
His and hers ... I though it was bad for myself with having2 mk5 both silver but one gti and the other gttdi..

Offline Sim0n_parker

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 09:03:58 pm »
Cheers man best colour IMO, a bugger to keep clean though!

Haha yeah the other half had hers first. I've always been into my mk1s had a good handful of mk1 gtis and cabs that I've chucked bigger engines in and modded to high heaven. Slammed on deep dish rims. But after driving hers for a while I hurt loved everything about the mk5 from performance through to driving style and handling straight out the bag.

Little update today being after work I got it on the ramp removed the exhaust and knocked out the first precat. Feels abit more responsive a little bit more of an exhaust note but nothing major.

Next stop is brakes should have them fitted this week all being well.

Offline Sim0n_parker

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 06:43:55 pm »
Managed to get a spare hour after work today so grab'd the car and set to work with bolting the r32 brakes on.

Soooo close but just about squeeze under the 17s  :evilgrin:

Offline Sim0n_parker

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 04:16:05 am »
So it's been a while since I've updated on what I've been doing, I got hold of some rotiform blq reps. Put these on and ran them for a couple of months but something didn't quite click and I wasn't overly keen on them.

Had a few bits carbon wrapped

Then the rubbish weather came and I took the gti off the road and stuck it in the garage for abit, that's pretty much where I've been at so far from December.

Then I found some r32 rear lights.

And got a sudden urge to strip the rear end down

Had all the rear components stripped down sand blasted and powder coated. All new genuine bushes minus the lower spring carriers as these where only available in poly bush. So I got these. Went against a full poly bush kit as 1) dealer prices where cheaper! And 2) I didn't want a harsh ride with loads of vibrations!

Then I decided I didn't like the wheels so sold them! And mine was sat on space savers till I decided what I wanted and bought some of these!

Fitted a set of eibach sport line springs and test fitted the 3sdm 0.01's

And this is where it's at tonight, suspension completely rebuilt, brakes cleaned up a treat behind the black wheels :)

Offline Leigh200sx

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2014, 06:50:54 am »
Awesome mate..new wheels are much better....you need to spray your wheel bolts now

Offline J9EVW

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2014, 02:47:18 pm »
Awesome work fella, that radio you have in there is it just plug and play? As I have one at work laying about

Offline Sim0n_parker

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2014, 09:08:40 pm »
Yeah it's not on the road yet, so will either be getting anodised bolts or some caps for them.
Yeah the stereo is plug and play but not got round to getting a 510 yet. But you will need to upgrade the gateway so it don't drain your battery.
So much better sound quality compared to the crappy standard one.