Make a donation

Author Topic: Scared.. Post detail clean.  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Tim144

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Scared.. Post detail clean.
« on: February 19, 2014, 11:51:43 pm »
After having my car details by the guys at Midlands car care.. ( fantastic job they did btw)..

I have been just jet washing the car as the muck comes straight off and that was all fine until recently with driving long miles and working silly hours havnt had free time to keep
On top of it now scared to give it a propper clean with mits and soap as I don't want to induce swirls as it
Is so was soo clean before!

I know about the hole 2 buckets minimal contact long strokes milarky and I have a snow foam to pre clean car but I'm still worrying about swirling it ... :/. Help....

Picture of car from detail..

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
Re: Scared.. Post detail clean.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 11:57:45 pm »
If you are that paranoid take it back to the person who detailed it for a maintenance wash.

I've washed my car about 70 times since I corrected it and I've had no problems.
Use a good shampoo, decent quality mitt and if you want you can use a air blower to dry... pet dryer on ebay works very well and is £80.
Or use a very plush high quality drying towel like an Uber one.

Offline Tim144

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 11:59:50 pm »
If you are that paranoid take it back to the person who detailed it for a maintenance wash.

I've washed my car about 70 times since I corrected it and I've had no problems.
Use a good shampoo, decent quality mitt and if you want you can use a air blower to dry... pet dryer on ebay works very well and is £80.
Or use a very plush high quality drying towel like an Uber one.

Cheers I think it's me being a wossy more than anything I used to hand polish my ibiza and clean that regularly and didn't induce swirls but crapping my self now.. got to
Grow some balls!

Btw uber towel ? Links

Offline jbenekeorr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 07:51:30 am »
As above, you should be fine as long as you're sensible.

I did a full swirl correction on my car in August, since then I haven't used 2 bucket method, just a decent mitt, Autoglym shampoo and a fairly plush drying towel - I wash it weekly and do around 230 miles a week so it does get fairly mucky between washes. There are very few light swirls starting to come back but I know I can just crack the DA polisher out if they start to bother me.

Don't let it worry you too much  :smiley:

Offline xjay1337

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 377
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,88399.0.html
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 08:11:03 am »
Quote from: Tim144

Btw uber towel ? Links

Google it mate come on lol