Make a donation

Author Topic: My updated R-Tech 2+ Map  (Read 2843 times)

Offline H17YD_L

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
My updated R-Tech 2+ Map
« on: March 15, 2014, 04:34:47 pm »
I went back to see Nick this week, the original plan was to have him look more into my DSG as he's mapped it previously be he can't get the 6800rpm limiter off in M mode (hence why the graphs stop around 6500rpm)

My car is an S3 with DSG, Anyway I have done a bit more to the car since I last seen Nick, I had now fitted: RS4 fuel valve, RS3 LPFP, Turbo discharge pipe and water meth. In addition to the usual 2+ spec... Airtec cooler, BCS downpipe, Milltek cat back, autotech internals, revo throttle pipe and MTC intake with ITG filter.

When I got there I explained to Nick I wanted the power lifting as much as possible I am a bit of a peak figures kind of person  :ashamed:  :signLOL:

He told me the first thing he would do is dyno the car as it is (without meth) to see what my mods had done... the car made 343bhp and 379ft/lb it had previously made 353bhp and 399ft/lb when he originally set it up, he explained that the loss was probably due to the changes I had made especially the discharge pipe as the change in air flow would be different to how he originally set it up.

He set out with his new LBK annd VVT additions mainly to stop the fluttering, mine still flutters ever so slightly but not as loud or as violently as shown on a boost gauge, when I used to get on boost the needle would be bouncing all over the place lol now it has a slight flutter and then its steady.

After he installed this he did some base runs and then started lifting everything. He explained that we would be shifting all the torque and power to the right, so further up the rev range...

So the main part you are looking for my final figures: (this shows the before and after)

Not as much of an increase as I was hoping for but the power was made to last sooooo much longer! It makes full power at 4500rpm and holds to the red line, I have the limiters lifted in S mode so Nick did a run in S and although he couldn't pull from low down as in S it will try to hold the revs higher but any way he managed to get a reading of 367bhp at 7200rpm so the car makes the power we just cant show it in M mode!

I thought that the meth was going to make a big difference but Nick doesn't map to take the higher octane into account he sets it up so that the car will advance the timing the lower the air intake temps get, safest way so if I run out or it failed there is no problem.

Here's the difference between meth and no meth:

As you can see not much peak power difference but the midrange when the car gets on boost the meth manages to cool the temps quicker and lift the power and torque mid range.
Nick said the cooling was that good on the rollers (big fan and decent intercooler) that there wouldn't be much difference but under a higher load on the road it would be more beneficial.

All in all the car feels quicker its weird it feels as if it has a 2 stage powerband, it makes power like it did before but hits you again and holds it so well. This is to do with the LBK thing, he requests less boost lower down then turns it right up around 4k.

Hope you enjoyed the read!
S3 Sportback S-Tronic GONE... MK7 R on order

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
Re: My updated R-Tech 2+ Map
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 06:36:42 pm »
Nice one

Offline Wardy91-ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 06:50:53 pm »
Good write up. Sounds like you have a very well set up s3 there. Holding power is so important in my eyes :drinking:

Offline H17YD_L

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 08:27:03 pm »
Cheers! That's what I seem to be realising. Area under the curve is the important bit!

Offline Wardy91-ed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 08:34:05 pm »
Cheers! That's what I seem to be realising. Area under the curve is the important bit!

Exactly. I went to rtech with hoping for these figures, and that. But nick soon made me realise its not all about peak power. Good to tell your mates tho :wink:

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 08:49:12 pm »
Lovely curves you have there fella.

Interesting to see the overlays of the WMI and the non WMI. I was expecting to see a slightly bigger difference, albeit as you say it was on the rollers.

One of the best things about my last R-Tech map is/was the LBK/VVT map thingamajig, same as you, almost flutterless now.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline H17YD_L

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 09:23:26 pm »

Exactly. I went to rtech with hoping for these figures, and that. But nick soon made me realise its not all about peak power. Good to tell your mates tho :wink:

Can't beat willy waving figures lol

Lovely curves you have there fella.

Interesting to see the overlays of the WMI and the non WMI. I was expecting to see a slightly bigger difference, albeit as you say it was on the rollers.

One of the best things about my last R-Tech map is/was the LBK/VVT map thingamajig, same as you, almost flutterless now.

:happy2:

Cheers mate, yours is spot on too! The water meth is there for keeping everything clean(er) an cooler. Plus when it is a hot day I should be still making good power as the IAT's will be as low as a cool day.
I did think the difference would be more noticeable but if I could get say a 104oct map I'd see a massive difference, hopefully something that can be done in the future with switchable maps.

Offline Shorty

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 02:10:14 pm »
I reckon it's proper quick even though I don't think you would be happy unless it was a million bhp. Haha.

Can't wait to see what times it does at the pod!
| Mk7 R |

Vehicle Diagnostics inc VCDS, Vehicle Remapping and any other diagnostics in the North West area, PM me.

Offline H17YD_L

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 07:11:05 pm »
That's just it! I wouldn't be happy ever I don't think! Unless I had endless amounts of money and made a 600bhp monster!