Make a donation

Author Topic: Is this fuel line rattle?  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Bennz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
Is this fuel line rattle?
« on: July 28, 2014, 09:15:41 pm »
Every now and then I can hear pulses of what I can describe as rattles ( 5-6 rattles at the time ) mainly coming from the left side of the car ( passenger ). First I thought it is aircon or the airways flaps but it seems that's not the case. 
Haven't had a chance to take the car somewhere to jack it up but just want to see is this the rattle of fuel lines or could be something else ?

Thanks

Offline ROH ECHT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 113
  • -Receive: 147
  • K04 PLAY....ZOOM DIS!
Re: Is this fuel line rattle?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 08:48:03 am »
I used to hear something that sounded like a slow jackhammer off in the distance. Never found out what it is and don't even notice if it still does it. It either stopped or I got used to it. While searching for an answer I was told it is something related to fuel pressure, but never heard a good enough or acceptable explanation.
K04 PLAY...K04 turbo/S3 INJ. & FMIC/FORGE FMTC, TB hose, & WG actuator/GIAC's H.O. K04 & DSG TUNES/AWE DV/NEUSPEED P-FLO,TURBO OUTLET & TB pipe/AUTOTECH hpfp/BSH Eng.&Trans Mounts/H&R ARB's/Whiteline Performance springs & W.A.L.K./ECS stage-3 BBK/BILSTEIN B8's...ZOOM'DIS...GIAC K04 tune-2007 Volkswagen GTI: 12.823 @ 112.050 MPH__Voting for my Dragtimes link: http://www.dragtimes.com/Volkswagen-GTI-Timeslip-25700.html?r=1

Offline Bennz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 09:50:35 am »
This is not like a tapping noise , almost sounds like vavle tapping but it's not from engine. I can hear it in the cabin by passenger side and outside on the left hand side of the car. It comes and goes as a rattle

Offline Gene Hunt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 59
  • -Receive: 61
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 01:21:05 pm »
When my fuel line did the ''rattle'' it was from the drivers side. Only did it on tick over & once the lines were secured again it's never done it again.
ED35. Standard factory condition.

Offline Bennz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 09:19:45 pm »
Hmmmm mine is coming from left side of the car.almost like from behind and beneath the engine where the cabin starts ( based on how and where I hear it from ) it's audible from outside as well when stationary

Offline D Squared

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 06:45:32 am »
mine does something similar on occassion, i've put it down to the heater flap end stop issues....Can really only hear it when radio is off etc at idle..
2007 5dr GTi