Make a donation

Author Topic: Fuel cut  (Read 9525 times)

Offline bacillus

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
Re: Fuel cut
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 08:50:42 am »
btw what year is your car and has it ever been recalled to change the fuel pressure sensor?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 08:54:57 am »
has it ever been recalled to change the fuel pressure sensor?

Things that have been replaced , Cam, Cam Follower, HPFP, Low pressure sensor as part of TSB.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Sugen

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 09:15:32 am »
You said that you changed your cam follower, what did the old one look like? Did you visually inspect your cam for wear at that time?

That aside, you really need to post some live logging data to help you out.

Will drop boost and see what happens .
Old cam follower didn't show much sign of wear,  visually inspected cam yesterday it did show signs off wear on the lobe not that much cam and cam follower were replaced 2 days apart.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/Sugen/logb7t3f9.jpg

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 10:07:17 am »
Not the most complete of logs but what strikes me is your WG duty cycle seems pegged at 99% indicating a boost leak.

This may account for some uncomfortable timing pull and from what's shown, your boost request isn't being met.

Are you using the original DV?

Offline Sugen

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 10:31:57 am »
Not the most complete of logs but what strikes me is your WG duty cycle seems pegged at 99% indicating a boost leak.

This may account for some uncomfortable timing pull and from what's shown, your boost request isn't being met.

Are you using the original DV?

Yip noted and looking into that would like to sort this fueling issue first and then sort boost leak

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 02:02:36 pm »
I don't know how clean petrol from your stations are but if you haven't changed your petrol filter yet in trying to sort  this low pressure problem, I suggest you do so asap.

Offline Sugen

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 06:42:50 am »
I don't know how clean petrol from your stations are but if you haven't changed your petrol filter yet in trying to sort  this low pressure problem, I suggest you do so asap.

Fuel filter has been replaced when cam was replaced about 5 days ago. Did some more logging yesterday and it seems there is nothing wrong with the low pressure pump in the tank pressures don't drop below 4.8 bar at some instances the rest of the time its above 5 bar. Load on pump somtimes reaches 90% but generally between 60-80%.

Did quite a bit of testing yesterday and this is what I've noticed. When loading it in say 4th gear I get the slight hesitation almost all time thereafter it seems as though the vehicle goes into a soft limp mode of sorts where it now request less boost etc not the normal Revo settings. The only way to revert back is to turn vehicle off and then start it again.

Rail pressures are still dropping intermittently by as much as 40bar  so it seems I will have to fit an upgraded pump what concerns me however is that according to Carl at Revo they have not experienced such issues on the Stage 2 map.

So do I install the upgraded pump and risk having issues when i decide to go Stage 2 + ? What else can I test ? I have now changed my REvo settings to B6 T3 F9 will try and do some testing today.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 06:46:58 am »
I had the same sort of issue with my car in january, it turned out to be the fuel sender that had gone tits up, and was sending incorrect readings resulting in the car going in limp mode. Butontop of that, where i had my car serviced they had also rammed the engine cover back on breaking the fuel regulator bit ontop of the hpfp.  both were replaced, problem solved :happy2:

Offline Sugen

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 07:05:22 am »
I had the same sort of issue with my car in january, it turned out to be the fuel sender that had gone tits up, and was sending incorrect readings resulting in the car going in limp mode. Butontop of that, where i had my car serviced they had also rammed the engine cover back on breaking the fuel regulator bit ontop of the hpfp.  both were replaced, problem solved :happy2:

Part number of fuel sender perhaps  ? 

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 07:49:42 am »
sorry mate not a clue. I had i done at a dealership

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2009, 09:24:07 pm »
how did this turn out?

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2009, 11:57:40 pm »
how did this turn out?

Don't know as he was supposed to send me some of his logs to peruse but never did...

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2009, 12:25:45 pm »
Thats a shame.

Offline Sugen

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 05:28:06 am »
Hey guys sorry that i've been missing had some work projects to round off. Anyway news on my car, upgraded to Autotech Hpfp and fuel cuts were still intermittent on Revo stg2. I then tried the Revo 2+ file and have not had a problem since (touch wood). Requested boost is being met WG duty cycle  comes down quite nicely and timing pull is reduced as well. Will look into Water Meth install soon and report back on that.