Make a donation

Author Topic: GruppeM  (Read 13706 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: GruppeM
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2009, 05:24:09 pm »

Sorry Robin, that wasn't intended to be direct dig, I thought you had the VWR bonnet. As an Industrial Designer I sort of straddle the world of aethetics and form following function... A never ending internal battle between Engineer and Designer (My Masters covered both fields). And having worked in both areas (worked in branding and graphic design for a while) I can certainly appreciate where you are coming from Robin!  :drinking:

....Hey! No problem, I didn't read it as a dig and anyway you are allowed to dig or disagree with me as many others frequently do!

I noticed a while ago that I felt a certain affinity with many of your posts. It was clearly your designer genes! That's "genes" and not "jeans".

Re herd instincts and your forum name being "animal" I just added this to my earlier post : -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vItQtTZTcAk

I hope we'll meet some time  :drinking:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2009, 11:35:15 pm »
Likewise Robin. Unfortunately, despite being 15 mins from Surrey RR, I can't make this weekend which is real shame.

And my alias comes from an old association with the brand back in my mountain biking days  :happy2:

But now we are well...   :wink:
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline Manu_R32

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2009, 03:30:39 am »
It has finally been ordered! Its cost me in total £650 delivered to Gibraltar! Gets there in about a week and im still stuck in uni for another two weeks....cant wait to get home...will keep you guys posted :)

OSIR Front and Rear Diffuser - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - JL Audio Stealthbox - JL Audio 500/1 Amplifier - Kenwood DNX 7200 - OZ Ultraleggeras!

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2009, 04:52:15 pm »
Not entirely related to the GruppeM product, but kind of to the discussion going on here (and certainly no slight at anyone's decision to get a GruppeM or any other product...) but working as an engineer, and having to deal with marketing/business people, and the outside world, I've found that it's perfectly valid and viable to have an entire business plan or strategy based upon crazy people.

Case(s) in point:
The Lamborghini is nothing more than a rebodied Murcielago - a decade old car - with some fancy graphics. They still managed to sell 20 of them at 1.1m Euros a pop.

Koenigsegg (or however you spell it) sell (IIRC) less than 20 vehicles a year - yet they're doing alright.

Bristol Cars manage to sell maybe one car a decade, yet still have got a prime location showroom in Kensington and stay alive.

Business plans based on selling at very low volumes at very high prices to crazy people work.

The Rolex analogy doesn't really work - Rolex are semi-mass market, trading on name and perceived quality. They're almost like the Porsche of watches - desirous, but common enough that they're not really rare. A more apt comparison might be to a watch manufacturer like Ulysse-Nardin, who's average watch price is 20,000 Euros or so - they're about as common as the Reventon (i.e., you'll see one or two in London or Geneva or Paris but very few elsewhere).

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2009, 07:33:57 pm »
^^^^
Good point, Neo!

Long live the crazy people!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!