Make a donation

Author Topic: Blue graphite pearl Jetta - best products?  (Read 1821 times)

Offline jettamike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
Blue graphite pearl Jetta - best products?
« on: June 01, 2015, 09:35:55 pm »
Hey All,

I'm looking to give my Jetta a proper clean and a bit of machine polish work but am after some advice if you don't mind -

Since picking it up from the dealer (salesman delightfully told me it got dusty from the workshop on my pickup day so he polished it  :fighting: rubbing in all the dust and marring the paint for me) I've done the following :

Snow Foam
Rinse
Wash
Rinse
Clay Bar
Rinse
Dry
Autoglym SRP
FinishKare FK1000p

Now I really want to give it a proper going over now, I need to get some fallout remover and then my big problem - the machine polisher. What would anyone suggest or recommend please? I've been looking on cleanyourcar and fancy one of their DA starter kits? How is the cutting compound and polish in these kits though? I really want to give the paint a bit of a pop and despite the FK1000p working well on my less rewarding to clean silver car - it doesn't do much for the BGP paint on the Jetta.

Appreciate any help :)

Thanks

dansmith180

Re: Blue graphite pearl Jetta - best products?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 10:54:07 pm »
The FK1000p is a good wax but is more about longevity than gloss. Bouncers waxes are very good for depth and give decent protection (about 3 months), Built Hamber double speed wax leaves a nice finish and should be good for 6 months protection also Collonite 845 is good.

What polishes/ pads come in the starter kit? Do you have a link?

Offline jettamike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 10:57:20 pm »
Hey mate,

Thanks for the reply! There are a choice of pads and compounds but the kit is here :

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher/cat_81.html

:)

dansmith180

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 11:14:07 pm »
I would choose either the meguires microfibre kit or the meguires hexlogic kit but add a yellow hexlogic pad as well. The hexlogic and microfibre pads work very well on DA's (I've found) and you'll need the most aggressive pad and compound combo to sort out VAG paint.

Otherwise yellow hexlogic with Rules UHS compound or Menzerna FG400 would be a good cutting combo, they also finish very well but you could refine after with a white pad and some sonax finishing polish (which is very good). Then chuck some decent wax and a nice protection detailer/ gloss enhancer over the top and it will look much better.

Offline jettamike

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 12:24:32 am »
Brilliant thank you! There are a couple of deeper scratches I'd like to have a go at! As soon as I can actually get around the car well enough I'll put an order in!

Offline Disco stew

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 11:45:23 am »
I use 3M products, expensive and quite industrial but thats where i got them from of free :happy2: