Make a donation

Author Topic: Inside edges - doors, boot lid etc  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Inside edges - doors, boot lid etc
« on: July 21, 2015, 09:54:36 pm »
Just wanted some advise on cleaning these parts if possible. Do you guys just spray with a compound, agitate with a brush.....leave them carefully spray with jet wash?

Boot lid, do you just carefully use your wash mit?

Tips to save me soaking the inside of the car please  :happy2:
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline AliGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 2
Re: Inside edges - doors, boot lid etc
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 06:21:04 pm »
I tend to go round the door jams and boot lid area with a quick detail spray and a microfibre. I polish and wax them when doing the rest of the paint work. Seems to work well :)

Offline Chris92

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 35
  • If you're smart in this world they call you crazy
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,109742.0.html
Re: Inside edges - doors, boot lid etc
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 07:08:39 pm »
I use a apc to shift the muck then on the door shuts I hand polish them then use a spray sealant to protect them. Then when I want to clean them just a detailing spray and a microfiber towel.

Boot lid again I apc it then every few weeks or what ever I use citrus power and a brush then just rinse with hose on low setting.