Make a donation

Author Topic: Scotts edition 30  (Read 3882 times)

Offline Scott Bartlett

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Scotts edition 30
« on: June 04, 2016, 01:21:54 pm »
Hi all,joined the club about 3 weeks ago and introduced myself with the usual spill and a pic,followed by "I'm going to keep it standard".....well....I've given in!!

After looking at members rides and projects and regularly reading posts on here I've caught the bug already!!

Won't be a super build,more normal generic mods but would be nice to share my progress with others
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 01:32:58 pm by Scott Bartlett »

Offline jaffa

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 44
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90080.0.html
Re: Scotts edition 30
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 02:04:35 pm »
What kind of plans do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Scott Bartlett

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 02:22:05 pm »
Have just purchased an intake from Dan (member) and will be getting cat back exhaust system,stage 1 map,brakes...like I say the "normal stuff":)

As the car has only done 35k on a 07 plate I want to replace a few bits before the mods...followed a guide on here to change the cam follower so done that this morning along with the rear discs and pads..don't think them bolts have been touched for 9 years!!nightmare!! Next will be timing belt and a small service plugs/oil and possibly the DV and then will proceed with the mods:)

missed out on an exhaust system on here the other day but have been looking at local tuner AMD as a new cat back non res miltek and stage one re-map works out about £750...50% off map when you buy an exhaust which is also fitted free...didn't think that was too bad?!

Offline Scott Bartlett

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 09:24:49 am »
Fitted my new intake on Sunday...thanks dan648v!! Looks good and sounds great:)

Got an interior led kit with a couple of exterior extras,fitted number plate bulbs last night but struggled a bit with side lights (bloody stiff) and was getting late so decided to have another go tomorrow,am also waiting for a prying tool kit to arrive before tackling the interior.

Booked myself in with AMD next Tuesday for miltek catback and a stage 1 re-map!! CANT WAIT!!lol

Offline Dan648v

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39823.0.html
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 07:27:35 pm »
No probs dude  :happy2:
Glad your enjoying it. Get some pics up when you get a sec
Revo Stage 2+ Edition 30 No.1089 with added carbon

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 12:41:21 am »
Welcome to the slippery slope! Any pics of the ED?

Offline Ed30ste

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 04:58:00 am »
Have just purchased an intake from Dan (member) and will be getting cat back exhaust system,stage 1 map,brakes...like I say the "normal stuff":)

As the car has only done 35k on a 07 plate I want to replace a few bits before the mods...followed a guide on here to change the cam follower so done that this morning along with the rear discs and pads..don't think them bolts have been touched for 9 years!!nightmare!! Next will be timing belt and a small service plugs/oil and possibly the DV and then will proceed with the mods:)

missed out on an exhaust system on here the other day but have been looking at local tuner AMD as a new cat back non res miltek and stage one re-map works out about £750...50% off map when you buy an exhaust which is also fitted free...didn't think that was too bad?!

Good choice of car Scott I've had mine 7 years and love it. Were did you get the led's from I am after a full kit interior/exterior for mine?
Regards Ste

Offline Scott Bartlett

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 08:21:27 am »

Good choice of car Scott I've had mine 7 years and love it. Were did you get the led's from I am after a full kit interior/exterior for mine?
Regards Ste

Thanks steI got the kit from eBay,good quality and came pretty quick as they came from Bulgaria. The kit is for interior only but if you send the guy a message and tell him what extras you want ( I added sidelights and number plate bulbs) he then sends you an offer with amended price...simples!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281806280081

Offline Scott Bartlett

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 08:30:15 am »
Welcome to the slippery slope! Any pics of the ED?

Hi Mitch..thanks buddy,I came from a Toyota aristo (supra gs300 2jz) which I modded a lot and was so bloody expensive to get so little bhp..10k got me an additional 170bhp so ended up around the 450 mark.im looking forward to the map and exhaust and like I said £750 for approx 80bhp...DEAL!!lol..some pics for you..

Offline Paradox1

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 12:05:33 pm »
That looks so clean!

Welcome!

Offline Scott Bartlett

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 01:37:08 pm »
That looks so clean!

Welcome!

Thanks buddy,I spent a good few weeks looking for one with good history but kinda wish I'd looked at little bit more into the spec side of things as I overlooked xenons etc but am really happy with it..its MINT inside and with only 35k on clock it drives like new:)

Offline Joshryan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 12:28:36 am »
Stunning edition 30 looks like a perfect low mileage example  :happy2:

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 09:09:07 pm »
Looks great that mate! Really like them in red. My dad has a red ed30 and certainly think it needs a good machine polish after seeing yours!
My brother has a grey ed30 and I have a black one :)
(They copied me haha)