Make a donation

Author Topic: Pre remap questions..  (Read 9244 times)

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: Pre remap questions..
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2015, 06:28:20 pm »
AFAIK maybe the reading from the MAF aren't correct with that CAI. From Revo and the likes you'll be fine. Others I don't know. The ECU can compensate for the extra air available if the MAF readings are correct, if I'm seeing the problem right.
I wish I knew how else to describe the problem but that's the only way I know. Seems like way too much air going in and the ecu isn't compensating for this resulting in high revving then taking off slow and a poor response in gears.

Maybe it is in need of a remap but that'll be the first as ive never had this issue fitting a cai system before  :confused:

Thanks

M

Different cars, different characteristics.

I remember on a AGU engined golf, you could run a vent to atmosphere dump valve but on the later models such as, aum, bam etc, you could only run a recirculation valve as the tolerances are tighter. I would get a professional opinion or a vagcom scan to rule out any failed sensor(s).

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2015, 06:56:45 pm »
AFAIK maybe the reading from the MAF aren't correct with that CAI. From Revo and the likes you'll be fine. Others I don't know. The ECU can compensate for the extra air available if the MAF readings are correct, if I'm seeing the problem right.
I wish I knew how else to describe the problem but that's the only way I know. Seems like way too much air going in and the ecu isn't compensating for this resulting in high revving then taking off slow and a poor response in gears.

Maybe it is in need of a remap but that'll be the first as ive never had this issue fitting a cai system before  :confused:

Thanks

M

Different cars, different characteristics.

I remember on a AGU engined golf, you could run a vent to atmosphere dump valve but on the later models such as, aum, bam etc, you could only run a recirculation valve as the tolerances are tighter. I would get a professional opinion or a vagcom scan to rule out any failed sensor(s).
I've ran a BOV on a bam engine with no trouble but I got fed up of thr pssssht pssssht every time I changed gear lol it was embarrassing  :ashamed:

Can I ask what I should be looking for and which measuring block I need to check on vcds please?.

Thanks

M

Offline BigA91

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2015, 08:26:39 pm »
I don't have vagcom lol. I may invest in a Chinese dvd version soon though!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2015, 09:05:50 pm »
I don't have vagcom lol. I may invest in a Chinese dvd version soon though!
:laugh: I have both dvd version and Rosstech for the newer cars.

I'm going have to do a search and see what I can find. I'm 100% certain there isn't anything wong with my MAF as it's running well with my ugly box filter. lol

Need to get the Neuspeed pipe and a other cone filter on if weather is ok and remove batt terminal just to be sure it's not the Ramair filter being so big.

Thanks

M

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2016, 12:07:08 am »
Gotta revive this for old times sakes lol

It was my DV that was goosed and causing the issues I was having so thanks

Why the heck did I just into a random thread  :slap: :signLOL:

Offline spwd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 16
  • Hello I'm Steve.
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,110133.msg1073872.html#new
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2016, 11:35:19 pm »
Gotta revive this for old times sakes lol

It was my DV that was goosed and causing the issues I was having so thanks

Why the heck did I just into a random thread  :slap: :signLOL:

Had me worried then, ive hopefully bought a neuspeed intake with a ramair filter But the filter looks small, is this the difference between the normal and oversized version, should I bother with the normal sized one?