Make a donation

Author Topic: Electrical issues with new golf mk5  (Read 1422 times)

Offline akothia

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Electrical issues with new golf mk5
« on: February 16, 2021, 08:05:28 pm »
Hi,

I've just bought a Golf S 1.9 TDi 2007. It's got a few issues and I'm just wondering if they could all be related to one single issue.

The boot doesn't unlatch/open with key fob. There's two wires sticking out from near the cigarette lighter (from one of four spots where there would be buttons but only one, ESP) that I can touch together to get the boot to unlock or using the emergency release behind rear seats.

The front passenger doesn't lock, all the others do. Power windows on that door still work.

When I indicate left, on the dash both left and right flash. Or when one light comes on, for example door open, the others around it light up aswell albeit dimmer.

Things I've tried:
I've checked the fuses on driver door and under bonnet next to battery. All seem fine although after taking one out and putting back in from drivers door the traction control light has come on and won't go off.(tried locking steering left to right couple times)

I've disconnected/reconnected battery and touched positive negative cables together for few seconds but problems persist.

I've visually inspected wiring between vehicle body and boot (inside rubber grommet) and they seem fine, although only a small section is visible. I have a multimeter but don't know what I'm doing with it to check if there's a break in circuit somewhere.

Plugged into computer which came up with the following errors:

01553 motor for central locking passenger door lock (v57) electrical problem in circuit
00929 locking module for central locking front passenger side (f221) not a plausible signal
00893 switch for trunk handle (e234) short with ground intermittent
00819 high pressure sensor g55 open circuit/short with ground
00493 esp sensor unit g419 no signal/no communication
00495 esp sensor unit g419 supply voltage electrical problem in circuit
05697 check DTC memory of a/c controller p1641

So my question is, do these all look like completely separate issues that need fixing or is there something else I haven't checked yet which could be affecting all of these?

P.s. when I bought it there was a damp smell in the car.

Apologies for the long post,
Abz

Offline DBXdarkangel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Re: Electrical issues with new golf mk5
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 10:05:38 am »
Have you tried putting petrol all over the interior and throwing a zippo inside? It sounds like you've tried everything else dangerous.

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=8h82fl1nkrhni4mfo79rdh81mq&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline akothia

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Electrical issues with new golf mk5
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 07:58:54 pm »
Thanks, it looks like that's what he's done. Some sort of bypass to unlock the boot. Kind of stumps me a bit because if the boot unlocks using that bypass near esp button it probably means the wiring between vehicle body and boot must be ok. Probably also means the latch is ok. Maybe it was incorrectly coded when they did the bypass. Maybe I should try resetting again by disconnecting battery but this time leave it off all night. Just worries I'll lose radio code as I don't think I have it saved.