Make a donation

Author Topic: Performance issues...resolved!  (Read 10097 times)

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 15
  • Edition 30
Re: Performance issues...
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 01:46:12 pm »

Its apparently on the turbo on the K03 standard GTi's

What you describing sounds like it could be your MAF thats dodgy.

I presume when Darren hooks the car up to the VCDS it will highlight any MAF faults etc so will wait and see what he says when I meet him tomorrow. Regardless of the outcome I'm going to fit the updated DV simply as a precaution and that they allegedly a much better unit. Thats for the assistance, especially the in depth walk through that Luke (Snapey) sent me. Wish me luck! :laugh:
Did some mapping on VAG COM on my uncles A4 TDI. Was no errors thrown up for the MAF and it was still registering values. However the car was running like treacle. Wouldnt rev past 3k and had no grunt below that either. I spoke to the head tech at the SEAT garage i use and he says the MAF wont throw an error unless it fails compleatly which is unusual and that when they are faulty they do still register values - just the wrong ones. So we got a new MAF for it fitted it and it now "Pulls like a train again" according to him.

I got the new MAF for much cheapness from these lots shop on the bay of many bargains

http://motors-parts.shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=golf&_sacat=14239&_trksid=m270&_dmpt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&_ssn=driventoautomotive&_odkw=maf&_osacat=14239

« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 01:48:02 pm by scotta »

Offline wigit

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2010, 01:47:53 pm »
Ive just sorted a boost leak on my car, it doesnt show up any faults via VCDS only when data logging will it show there is a problem. SteveP did some data logs for me when we were up at UD's and from the results it suggested it was the DV at fault. My DV was ripped and when on boost it whistled alot louder than normal. All fixed now and running very strong again. :happy2:

How bad was the rip?
From memory the rip was similar to that of Wigits!

:surprised:

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2010, 01:48:46 pm »
Ive just sorted a boost leak on my car, it doesnt show up any faults via VCDS only when data logging will it show there is a problem. SteveP did some data logs for me when we were up at UD's and from the results it suggested it was the DV at fault. My DV was ripped and when on boost it whistled alot louder than normal. All fixed now and running very strong again. :happy2:

How bad was the rip?
From memory the rip was similar to that of Wigits!

:grin:

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2010, 03:39:56 pm »
Firstly, HUGE thanks to Darren (MortyGTTDI) for meeting me today and offering his assistance with VAGCOM to help diagnose any issues with the car. Muchas Gracias mate, very much appreciated indeed :notworthy:.

Anyway it didn't long to see that a couple of fault codes had been logged, one of which was the boost regulation valve aka, DV. I've already bought one of the revision 'D' units so gonna fit this on Thursday. Hopefully this will rectify my lack of performance and hopefully let me get rid of that pesky Type-R once and for all! :signLOL:

The second fault was related to my headlight washer system not working which has been like that since the ice age we had at the beginning of the year. Turned out it was a blown fuse which Darren kindly replaced for me whilst he was there. How goods that!!  :smiley:

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2010, 03:41:23 pm »
He certainly sounds like a top bloke does our Darren, well done sir and glad you got your issues sussed! :happy2:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 03:46:13 pm by markymark »

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2010, 03:44:48 pm »
Firstly, HUGE thanks to Darren (MortyGTTDI) for meeting me today and offering his assistance with VAGCOM to help diagnose any issues with the car. Muchas Gracias mate, very much appreciated indeed :notworthy:.

Anyway it didn't long to see that a couple of fault codes had been logged, one of which was the boost regulation valve aka, DV. I've already bought one of the revision 'D' units so gonna fit this on Thursday. Hopefully this will rectify my lack of performance and hopefully let me get rid of that pesky Type-R once and for all! :signLOL:

The second fault was related to my headlight washer system not working which has been like that since the ice age we had at the beginning of the year. Turned out it was a blown fuse which Darren kindly replaced for me whilst he was there. How goods that!!  :smiley:

You should have had the valve in your pocket and got him to fit it while he was there.  :laugh:

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2010, 03:53:44 pm »
Sounds like a winner on all fronts  :happy2:
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 04:59:08 pm »
I had the DV in the glove box TC but I think he might have run away if I'd mentioned him fitting it! :scared:

Cheers for all the assistance from everyone. :happy2:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:01:54 pm by Boothmeister »

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 08:48:12 pm »
Got around to changing the DV today which was causing the lack of 'umph' from the car. From the look of the old one I'm not surprised. Its shag*ed!

The car is powering away like a dream though now. I can't believe the difference the DV has made and I can finally draw the issue to a close and enjoy driving it again. :happy2:

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 08:56:32 pm »
Im not surprised you had performance issues  :signLOL:
nice one  :happy2:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline scotta

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • Edition 30
Re: Performance issues...resolved!
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2010, 10:45:34 am »
That is well shafted!!  :surprised: surprised the turbo was spooling at all!

Ive got a new D revision on order from VW. dont think that my DV is in that state but after the blufin install i thought id replace it anyway.

Offline liver

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2010, 11:28:21 am »
thats well and truely shafted

did you find it hard to change mate??how long did it take you?

im gona check mine this weekend i think

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2010, 05:44:50 pm »
thats well and truely shafted

did you find it hard to change mate??how long did it take you?

im gona check mine this weekend i think

I couldn't get hold of an axle stand in time to do it myself and I didn't want to be under the car on just the jack so I popped to the local garage I use. He only charged me £20 to fit it so I thought I might as well. He did say it was a pain to get out though.