Make a donation

Author Topic: How Sh!t are we....  (Read 3899 times)

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 11
Re: How Sh!t are we....
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 11:24:41 pm »
i'm gutted as I really thought that we would step up tonight and put a performance in that we all know they are capable of, yes they earn lots of money and we want to see free flowing football but we aren't and have never been brazalian!!
Similar to the French it appears the players aren't happy with the formation, in the interview after the game it seemed for the first time that capello may reconsider the formation in the next game which will let rooney play up top on his own, gerrard can play just behind him and bring joe Cole on the wing, that will enable our " BIG" players to play the roles they do for the clubs.
Two and a half weeks time we can still be world cup winners, all of the other big teams are struggling apart from the argies. I hope and believe we will beat solvenia wednesday and then go on to smack the Germans off the field!!
I still believe come on ENGLAND!!!!!!!!
 :happy2:

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 11:56:05 pm »
Chin up guys, yes tonight they played cr4p, but they aren't out yet.

A good win next and the last two performances will fade away.

I agree that 4-4-2 doesn't look like it is working Steve, so what are you wanting 4-3-3?
Golf R gone.

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2010, 12:15:40 am »
How Sh!t are we....

VERY!!!  :sad1:

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 02:51:29 am »
  • Ditch the 4-4-2
  • Keep James as number 1 keeper
  • get some more experienced players on

I wouldn't drop Heskey, I would just pull him back behind the strikers as he did particularly well at being a nuisance against USA. He should have put that shot away all day long against the USA but everyone misses from time to time.

They all played poorly but I put it down to poor formation and line up and the ball looks sh*t. Looks far too light as it pulls away when someone takes the first touch to control it and also seems to catch in the wind all the time and swerve like a fly away £1 football.

Would be tempted to say Owen should be in the squad up front with Rooney. Be used to each others style by now. Also its a shame about Beckham and Rio...
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 09:37:30 am »
I'd Play 4,3,1,2

Keep James as no.1
Defence Johnson, Upson, Terry, A Cole
Midfield Wright-Phillips on the Right, Lampard Middle, Joe Cole Left ( but give him free reign )
Gerrard then sits just behind the front 2 in a free role
Strikers i'd drop Rooney for the first half to give him a kick and play Crouch & Heskey

Offline gulfstream11

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 19
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 10:09:04 am »
As Prepee said above..   "I Still Believe"  :pomppomp:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 11:11:54 am »
i think beckham should manage the team he is english  :rolleye: and the players and the country would get behind him and give him the support he needs

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 11:42:04 am »
I agree that 4-4-2 doesn't look like it is working Steve, so what are you wanting 4-3-3?

They were talking on ITV & SSN about playing Stevey G just behind Rooney in a 4-4-1-1 in a 4-5-1 type setup, playing the one striker and supporting attacker ahead of the middle 4.

Not really sure what will work tbh, none of them look particularly interested, especially Rooney so playing him as a loan striker probably isn't genius...

Can't see England beating Slovenia if I'm honest. Slovenia have looked decent and will be well up for winning the group :popcornsoda:
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 01:34:04 pm »
Don't get me started on this..  :fighting: All i'll say is that from what i've seen so far of England, is that their second touch is a tackle.

Offline Rich

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 8
  • Buy Land, They Don't Make It Anymore
    • Carpet Underlay
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 03:09:28 pm »
I hope we lose... hopefully then more people might believe how overrated, over paid these footballers are...

Algerians get paid summat like £40  (over exaggerating) and look how they played!!!! Same with USA too !
~ Golf MK5 Pirelli ~ 36k Miles and continuing!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 03:23:56 pm »

I hope we lose... hopefully then more people might believe how overrated, over paid these footballers are...

Algerians get paid summat like £40  (over exaggerating) and look how they played!!!! Same with USA too !

....Did you see any of that BBC3 "From WAGS to Riches" series? I must admit I started watching purely to check out any eye-candy and then became extremely impressed by how some of those WAGS completely changed their views and appreciation of the real world after seeing firsthand some of the South African deprivation.

I think it was Emile Heskey's partner Chantelle Tagoe and also Ellie Darby, who said how just one week's wage of their footballer fella would make such a huge difference to funding the help centres. They were in tears over it - A life changing experience for them.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!