Make a donation

Author Topic: Are all REVO remaps the same  (Read 2744 times)

Offline Burty86

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Are all REVO remaps the same
« on: August 23, 2010, 05:54:10 pm »
Hello,

Ive just got my ED30 less than a week ago and I'm looking at getting the standard stage 1 REVO for my car (no other mods). I have been looking at various garages in the North East and I'm trying to decide what garage to got for.

Are all garages that offer REVO software the same, would i get the same REVO map at all garages?

Still very scared of getting it maped as my last car (MK5 Golf 2.0 GT TDI) had a few turbos replaced (under warranty) wish i had went with the REVO software with that one.

Loving the ED30 and just looking through the forums for advice etc?

Thanks for any help.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Are all REVO remaps the same
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 10:39:42 pm »
Hi Burty. All the specific ED 30 stage 1 maps will be the same no matter who you purchase it from.  :happy2:  You really dont have anything to worry about getting a revo stage 1 map, perhaps a clutch upgrade if you keep flooring it on the motorway in high gears but apart from that the car will take it all in its stride.  :happy2:

PDT is based in the north east, here can install Revo for you. and he will also do before and after rolling road session to make sure there are no faults.   :driver:

www.pdtuning.com

Offline Burty86

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 04:10:02 pm »
Cheers top cat,

I was speaking to a guy on Sunday night who spoke very highly of them too, he said he was a pal of the worker/owner/manager or something to PDT. I'm getting the 30,000 mile service tomorrow so i'm very tempted to get it with next months pay.

As for the clutch upgrade i was thinking of getting that too, I'm mates with a guy in VW and get friends and family discount (usually good discount too) would you recommend a vw upgrade such as a R32 clutch, he could also get me anything from the vw group, was also thinking an RS4 clutch. Would you suggest anything?

Cheers bud

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:43:24 pm »
I know nothing about clutches, and there is a lot of confusion on here about which to get. So i would just use the search function on here as there is many threads on this subject.  :happy2:

Sorry i cant help.  :happy2:

Offline heavyd

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 29
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 01:54:15 am »
Alan fishburn in darlington is also a revo dealer, and is thought well of in the Vw community( Mk4 golf centre)  had my mk4 golf done there, top bloke :happy2:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 02:25:36 am »
Alan Fishburn has retired now but still works out of the golf centre in Darlington a few times a week sat mornings i think ..he is a top bloke,he build a and is stilll doing Revo as far as i know.....
I had my Golf gttdi  map done at pdt tuning and its excellent

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 03:31:51 pm »
Thanks for the positive comments lads  :happy2:

To answer your question, not all REVO maps are the same. We will usually install the software and then take the car out on the road to datalog and setup the maps fuelling, boost and ignition timing to suit each paticular car, once we are happy with it we will dyno test the car to check the power and torque curves and figures are what we expect to see.

If you need any help, just call: 0191 5365900, we have recently added an after hours support feature to this line so it will divert to a technicians mobile if nobody is at the unit (lines close at 10PM)

Dave.

Offline Burty86

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 10:28:55 pm »
Cheers Dave,

I'm only five mile or so from you so that would be ideal. I've heard allot of good things about PDT (none bad)

Well I'm used to the Ed30's power now ive had it a few weeks so I'm deff going for the revo software, can PDT also upgrade the clutch, as I've read on a few forums now that it can need replacing?

Thanks

Burty

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 11:58:58 am »
We can carry out most of your servicing and maintainence requirements. Just give us a call  :happy2:

Offline Burty86

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 03:57:41 pm »
Smashing, cheers.

Look s like it will be end of the month but will call for details or pop over for a bit crack on.

Thanks again