Make a donation

Author Topic: Gurgling sound coming from the rear of the car??  (Read 1647 times)

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 6
Gurgling sound coming from the rear of the car??
« on: August 22, 2010, 09:15:11 pm »
The last few times I've stepped out of the car and I've heard a gurgling sound from the back end of the car. I've looked around the car and nothings obvious or out of place. The only thing I can find is the drain hole underneath the petrol filler cap is blocked. This pulled out easily enough but only so far and tried to clear it, so before I stick an airline down it. A...is this bloked tube likely to cause the noise, and B...will blasting it with an airline be ok? Does anybody know where the other end comes out.  Cheers.

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
Re: Gurgling sound coming from the rear of the car??
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 09:20:38 pm »
The last few times I've stepped out of the car and I've heard a gurgling sound from the back end of the car. I've looked around the car and nothings obvious or out of place. The only thing I can find is the drain hole underneath the petrol filler cap is blocked. This pulled out easily enough but only so far and tried to clear it, so before I stick an airline down it. A...is this bloked tube likely to cause the noise, and B...will blasting it with an airline be ok? Does anybody know where the other end comes out.  Cheers.

pour water in it, if it goes down its ok, mine gurgled and it was OK so i dont think it being blocked and gurgling is an issue , has it been wet when it happens ?

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 09:28:14 pm »
Yeah the pipes pretty well blocked. There's a build up of sediment in it and water doesn't drain away as far as I can tell hence next step the airline! But it does tie with the wet weather.

Saint Steve

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 10:05:31 pm »
I thought it was the fuel vent pressure relief valve  back to the fuel tank that can make this noise??

Something to do with the fuel supply, like a gurgling sound anyway.

Someone will correct me on that.Tis common.

Offline dajonic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 10:13:18 pm »
Cool, cheers chaps :happy2: