Make a donation

Author Topic: H & R Springs Fitted But Now Have Problems. PLEASE HELP  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Audi S3
    • Email
H & R Springs Fitted But Now Have Problems. PLEASE HELP
« on: September 03, 2010, 07:27:54 pm »
As above over the last two week every corner of the car seems to be making bonging/twanging noises coming from the springs but only seems to do it at parking speeds. Can hear it all the way through the car. I rung stattlers who fitted them back in June they said its normal & does it on there demo car/own car with Bilstein coilovers fitted. But why doesnt it do it on my mates cars with the same springs on the same car & why would it only happen within the last two week?

They said that their demo car/his golf edition 30 does it on bilstein coilovers & its the rubber mount on top. He said they put in back in place or something then it fixes the problem for 2 weeks then comes back.

He said that he is not going to take it all apart on my car for in two weeks time to come back lol. to be honest hes normally a sound guy but I just seem like ive been fobbed off.

The problem has only happend the last 2 weeks & you can deffo tell its the springs twanging/bonging from all four corners. They are H & R springs bought from a member off here who had them fitted to his S3 who replaced them with coilovers.

Its in Audi at mo who said on test drive sounds like top mounts? but then said cant be if its doing it at back & they would have a look at it. They also said it prob wont be covered under warrenty what ever it is cause ive lowered it.

Stattlers did say I could bring it to them to "look at" so I dont know where I stand to be honest??

Any ideas as to what is up? or where I stand?

I aint taking that its normal when its started the last two weeks & doesnt do it on both my mates S3

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter
Old Car 2009 Audi S3 365bhp Gone - New Car 2013 C63 Amg Now With 525bhp

Offline regi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: H & R Springs Fitted But Now Have Problems. PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 08:12:39 pm »
ive got the same springs mate and got no noises,its not normal mate :happy2:

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 09:23:26 pm »
I know :( need some ideas what it could be & if the people that fit them should be sorting it?

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter

Offline Poppa Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 09:24:27 pm »
Take to Stattlers - Steve will see you right  :happy2:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 11:33:14 pm »
I know :( need some ideas what it could be & if the people that fit them should be sorting it?

ha ha it'll be me u bought them from, never had any issues with them, and I fitted them myself :smiley:

not sure what the issue could be though, is it deffo front and rear????

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 09:42:44 am »
Ye mate its all four corners, only started two weeks ago

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 09:35:03 am »
If its a 'twang' type noise - make sure the springs are correctly located in their spring seats.  Have the springs accidentally been fitted upside down (especially if you are getting rear-end noise).

And I'd tend to agree with the failing top mounts.  The have a bearing in them, and it is fairly common for these to partially seize.  Try teasing up the plastic scuttle panel above the top mounts, get a helper to slowly turn the steering wheel from lock to lock, whilst you watch the top mounts for any jerkyness, then hold the top mounts trying to feel for any.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 02:55:29 pm »
I get this twanging noise from the front coilovers only when turning right slow moving? I was wondering if it could be the top mount bearing,  ill try what you said TT cheers :happy2: again

Hope you get it sorted Phil

Darren

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 08:21:46 pm »
Same as my other thread if these can be put together as its the same problem.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14928.0.html