Make a donation

Author Topic: Want it, want it A LOT!!!  (Read 5270 times)

Offline QD MBE

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
Re: Want it, want it A LOT!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2010, 05:22:45 pm »
Bear in mind that is Golf R money! ETTO!   :grin:

As you say RR, in the eye of the beholder. It's not for me, the Cayman was a truly beautiful car, however I could not get truly comfortable driving it for more than an hour. Driving pleasure is where it is at for me, and I fully enjoy the R, I Also enjoyed driving the Cayman for short distances. But the 1 series coupe does nothing for me.

But that is just my hardwired engineers (if it looks right - it usually is!) opinion, the lower door line looks just plain wrong, I am sure it will fly, go round corners on rails and be a fantastic car, but not for me. 

If I could have got comfortable in the porker and not had both legs go numb after an hour, I would still have the car.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2010, 05:25:15 pm »
^^^^
A great shame about getting numb legs and it's all very well for me to sit here and pontificate (not deficate!).

May you long continue to enjoy your Rocco R  :drinking:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2010, 07:40:19 pm »
I like that, a lot - The performance seats are the bollocks!  And all this talk against an S3, c'mon guys give it a break - two different cars, and the 135 is a far nicer unit, and a better drive with RWD.......in my humble opinion.  Unfortunately that money buys a nice 997 Carrera S, and that's in a different league, and where my money is going shortly!
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 08:23:24 pm »
I test drove the 135i before getting my cayman, found it nice but as i mentioned a few months ago a bit too comfy and not overly involving, coming from a bilstein'd and engine mounted ed30,  it was like driving a fast sofa.

If i used the car for commuting then i would have probably gone for the bmw, but as a weekend toy the porker straight out of the box is so much more fun and capable than the bmw and even my highly modded ed30, which is what i wanted after throwing £ks on modding the golf, learnt my lesson  :happy2:

GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2010, 03:54:35 pm »
Looks great that Ben, however with it being the single turbo engine as opposed to the older twin turbo unit, will it map aswell. IIRC you could have 420 + BHP with all the supporting mods out of the twin turbo which is plain daft in shoe with RWD! I want one  :party: :party: :party:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 05:41:15 pm »
Yes mate, still trying to find out what the differences are with the single turbo unit compared to the twin with regards to tunability. I wouldn't go daft on one anyway and would be happy with just having software (famous last words  :signLOL:) and 360bhp.
It's the DCT I want though and that only comes with the new unit..  :sad1: It is definately on the list though, especially after walking round a S3 at Newcastle Audi for 10 mins today and not having a single person even acknowlege me, let alone asked if I was being looked after. Then I went to VW (was treated 10000% times better there i'd like to say) and got a PCP quote on a Golf .:R with Nav, buckets and DSG to be given a quote back for.... Wait for it.............

£908 a month  :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:
It's looking good for my local BMW dealer I have to say..  :confused:

Offline Garth

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 14
    • My Build thread
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 05:51:44 pm »
BMW 1 series are a great drive, but seriously ugly cars. For that reason, even if they out drove a ferrari, I could NEVER own one!

after walking round a S3 at Newcastle Audi for 10 mins today and not having a single person even acknowlege me, let alone asked if I was being looked after.
Newcastle Audi have seriously bad service and always have. I sold my S3 to them.... and bought it back off them 3 months later  :grin:
It used to get services there and every time it went in, they would break something... then dealing with their customer service to get it sorted again was painful. That was if, like you say, you could get someone to acknowledge you.

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 07:17:38 pm »
£908!! WTF!?  :surprised: :surprised: :surprised:

Yeah the DCT is awesome, I drove a new M3 with it not too long ago and it was EPIC!!  :party: I have had a look at a few 135i but I am back and forth with what's going on with mine at the min so i can't commit to anything  :mad: :fighting:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic