Make a donation

Author Topic: Winter RR day @ Motoscope on Saturday 29th January 2011 - 9am arrival please  (Read 24563 times)

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
thats the one Damo..the circuit they used looked like Chatworth house

Offline damoegan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Thats what I thought too, Andy  :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
The car on Top Gear is defo the one from Motoscope..

This is a still I've just grabed from BBC iplayer..

:pomppomp: :pomppomp: :pomppomp:

Knew I wasn't going mad..  :stupid: :signLOL:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Big thanks goes out to Jamie for the shotgun ride in his Stage 2 TTRS..  :driver:  :drool:

Pleasure mate... be interested to hear what you think about it!

My heads up my arse with the RR figures on my car, if I follow the rule of thumb of some of the 2.0tfsi boys that looked a bit high, I should maybe knock 20 to 30bhp off fly wheels figures, but that puts it way below what it should be, and what it feels like on the road.
I didn't like seeing them put it through 10 attempts and watching them attempt it with ESP not fully disengaged... poor thing was cooking  :signLOL:

Don't like to talk about it mate, as I get depressed  :sad1: :signLOL:
Awesome motor my friend and nice to see you again  :happy2: It seemed to go very very well but was hard to gauge how much quicker than say mine is, as I didn't see the speedo (to busy holding on  :signLOL:) Some cars hide their actual performance depending on how smooth they are etc.. Not forgetting it's a manual too (a modded S-Tronic one will be even more bonkers  :laugh:)
One thing is for certain, it's a fooking weapon and a definate future car I will be looking at at some point I hope..  :party:

I think your car is one of the few that got a accurate figure mate. Especially as it's around what Revo estimate.. Definately feels like a 400+bhp car IMO..

Offline jamiekip

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
Big thanks goes out to Jamie for the shotgun ride in his Stage 2 TTRS..  :driver:  :drool:

Pleasure mate... be interested to hear what you think about it!

My heads up my arse with the RR figures on my car, if I follow the rule of thumb of some of the 2.0tfsi boys that looked a bit high, I should maybe knock 20 to 30bhp off fly wheels figures, but that puts it way below what it should be, and what it feels like on the road.
I didn't like seeing them put it through 10 attempts and watching them attempt it with ESP not fully disengaged... poor thing was cooking  :signLOL:

Don't like to talk about it mate, as I get depressed  :sad1: :signLOL:
Awesome motor my friend and nice to see you again  :happy2: It seemed to go very very well but was hard to gauge how much quicker than say mine is, as I didn't see the speedo (to busy holding on  :signLOL:) Some cars hide their actual performance depending on how smooth they are etc.. Not forgetting it's a manual too (a modded S-Tronic one will be even more bonkers  :laugh:)
One thing is for certain, it's a fooking weapon and a definate future car I will be looking at at some point I hope..  :party:

I think your car is one of the few that got a accurate figure mate. Especially as it's around what Revo estimate.. Definately feels like a 400+bhp car IMO..

The stronic cars are going to be insane with just S1 on them, sub 4s to 60 ALL DAY LONG!  As discussed on the day, flappy paddles just don't float my boat... but I admit my days with a third peddle are numbered.... even the Porka GT3 and GT2 are rumoured to get paddles next time round :(
Anyway, appreciate your comments mate as you always have a pretty realistic view on this sort of stuff  :happy2:
TTRS Suzuka Grey