Make a donation

Author Topic: What is required to achieve Revos 300bhp on Stage 1?  (Read 2546 times)

Offline E30Dom

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
What is required to achieve Revos 300bhp on Stage 1?
« on: April 20, 2011, 12:21:43 pm »
My brother had his '57 Plate S3 AMD tuned to 310bhp...

Revo state 300bhp for stage 1 on the edition 30... but read loads about them not actually achieving this? Why is this if it's possible with the S3 from a remap? And what would the Ed30 need to achieve 300 on Stage 1?

Cheers.

Dom
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: What is required to achieve Revos 300bhp on Stage 1?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:44:33 pm »
Its just about the rollers they get tested on,  think of it as broadband packages. up to 20 meg but in real life about 2.1. Stage one is stage one once set up it is pretty much the same on all engines ie ED/S3 Its simple dont worry about attaching a number to your engine power output. The figures dont mean anything it is how it drives.

Measured my penis the other day with a ruler i knocked up and put some figures on. It measured 12 in long and 4in girth. i was over the moon and felt so proud. went home and found the wife in bed with a ickle raabit.  :laugh:

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 02:14:12 pm »
Ahhh i get what you're saying...

OK so if you have a S3 an stage 1 it, are you looking at potentially less gains than you would expect on a Edition 30 as the Ed30 is detuned to start with... basically they'd end up at the same point even though they started from different states of tune?
Diesel Daily Hack.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 04:49:23 pm »
It measured 12 in long and 4in girth.
You should have used a proper ruler instead of one from a dolls house!  :grin:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 06:47:44 pm »

OK so if you have a S3 an stage 1 it, are you looking at potentially less gains than you would expect on a Edition 30 as the Ed30 is detuned to start with... basically they'd end up at the same point even though they started from different states of tune?

I don't think that is entirely the case.  The ED30 engine whilst similar to the S3 is not a detuned S3 engine.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline TrickGTI

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 16
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 08:04:56 pm »

I don't think that is entirely the case.  The ED30 engine whilst similar to the S3 is not a detuned S3 engine.

Ooooo explain??? Other than the Vw map I did not think anything else was different??
2006 Tornado red GTI

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 08:34:50 pm »
Intercooler is different for a start... which will help the S3 make more bhp due to better cooling.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 08:56:48 pm »
I think the Ed30 has a lower compression ratio that the S3 so can run more BOOST other than that the mechanicals are the same.

Remember folks BOOST = SEX.  :wink: