Make a donation

Author Topic: Tested my new PW last night with my Foam Lance  (Read 1020 times)

Offline johnhol78

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Tested my new PW last night with my Foam Lance
« on: May 06, 2011, 09:56:47 am »
After spending weeks looking at different makes and models I plumped for a another Karcher. My last one was a basic K2.58? which was ok, good power though just not great.

Decided an upgrade was needed and thought about a Nilfisk after some glowing reviews though as with everything there some bad ones whoch actually seemed to put on the same level as a Karcher.

Found the Karcher Outlet and got a K3.540 with all the accessories....only though after talking screenshots of the webpage as they had it listed incorrectly.....though they honoured it anyway  :happy2: so got the pation cleaner and dirtblaster chucked in for free.

Turned up in plain packaging though after taking it out the box I was a little stunned to be honest with the size and weight difference to my old 2 series.....this thing is a monster.

Started on the patio path first and well....glad I started on that rather than the car as the thing is vicious.

The power is great - only an extra 10 bar though makes a massive difference.

So last night I got home and wanted to quickly clean the car....

Prepared the foam lance with my magifoam and off I went......the thickness is slightly better so other than the general better feeling and quality I was only pleased....

The difference was when I came to rinse.....I attached the standard Vario lance...JESUS...the thing is great, the alloys didn;t need touching with a brush, mitt or anything.....it had them gleaming.

The water flow rate is higher than standard Karchers which helps.....

I would really recommend one of these. Was even more happier when I had to clean the foam off the road and drive - used the dirtblaster attachment.........Must have the cleanest section of drive and road in the area  :ashamed:

Great bit of kit and £109.99...BARGAIN.

No pics of the car as I was knackered after though believe me.....it's spotless..

Offline stealthwolf

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: Tested my new PW last night with my Foam Lance
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 03:40:13 pm »
Greater flow rate is always more important than higher pressure in detailing. Glad to hear you've found a PW that makes you happy. Now where sre the pics of the unit and of it in use?  :party:

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.