Make a donation

Author Topic: Can getting a remap potentially open up a can of worms!!??  (Read 4087 times)

Offline alackofspeed

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
Re: Can getting a remap potentially open up a can of worms!!??
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 12:10:57 am »
I'm getting that itch buddy, thinking about it seeing as PDT have an offer on at the moment, you got stage 1 still? like it? Any problems? cheers matey!

My car has a stage 1, but it's a Shark map bought in the recent deal. I've not driven the car since it has been re-mapped (haven't been able to drive for the past 4 weeks), but I've been a passenger in it, and the driver had driven the car a few times previously. The driver's comment was that the car feels smoother, more relaxed when driving normally, definitely quicker in the mid-range, but only mildly more potent at the upper end of the rev range. Hopefully I'll be able to see for myself before long.

I've driven 1.8t 20v engines in various states of tune (stock 150 K03, 180 K03s, remapped 180 K03s, etc, through to IHI conversion cars), and the change to my Mk5 from my passenger bum dyno feels very similar to the change experienced on a remapped stock K03s 1.8t - much improved mid-range torque, with a mild improvement at the upper end.

As un update to this thread, I found that the Shark map did not work well with my DSG - weird torque interuption at almost any load, and very frustrating when changing under high torque. Not great.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:56:42 pm by alackofspeed »