Make a donation

Author Topic: Some photography- Beach scenes  (Read 3284 times)

Offline 08micsta

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
Some photography- Beach scenes
« on: November 25, 2008, 09:15:37 am »
Hello Everyone.

I did some pics at the beach last week. It was 35 degrees celcius and was an amazing day. Ms gardner our hostel mother took us through. Picture 8 kids and a two teachers in a Renault Scenic  :scared: :surprised:

Here are a few of the pics from the day:

Our hostel mother having a ball:

And some arty shots:

Here are a few tips for taking photography on the beach:

1. Use your camera's functions. Most new camera's come with a variety of scene settings such as party, beach, fireworks etc etc. Use this if you camera has a beach scene. It enhances the colours and helps with exposure.

2. Use a high shutter speed. This allows you to capture the water drops and such in perfect detail.

3. Looks for focal points. These can be patterns in the sand. A shell or even a piece of litter with water in the background. Photography can be anything.

4. get your timing right. Beaches usually look their best at either duck or dawn where you get lovely reflections and gentle hues.

5. Use the flash proactively. This not only captures the waters shine but also gets rid of shadows due to harsh sunlight.

6. Use a UV filter. Reduces glare and increases crispness.

7. Try different fomats. Use some black and white shots etc. Colour is not the only way to take a picture.

Hope you guys can use these tips and enjoyed my pics.

Mike :drinking:
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Some photography- Beach scenes
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 09:59:16 am »
great pics mate, i love the last one!

Offline 08micsta

• Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 63
  • Smart Fortwo 600cc
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 10:17:32 am »
Thanks  :drinking:
No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 08:59:20 am »
Yeah that last pic is stunning!!
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline jonm

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 12
    • Staffs-VW
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 12:12:26 pm »
1.   Use your camera's functions. Most new camera's come with a variety of scene settings such as party, beach, fireworks etc etc. Use this if you camera has a beach scene. It enhances the colours and helps with exposure.

I would never use the preset scenes on the camera, Always opt for Manual mode to give you the best freedom to capture the image

2. Use a high shutter speed. This allows you to capture the water drops and such in perfect detail.
Low shutters work well and sometimes better giving the image more depth and a feeling of movement with the water

7. Try different fomats. Use some black and white shots etc. Colour is not the only way to take a picture.
Never use the in camera settings to produce black and white etc always do this afterwards with photoshop etc…