Make a donation

Author Topic: MFSW < FINAL UPDATE - Pictures  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
MFSW < FINAL UPDATE - Pictures
« on: October 01, 2011, 11:35:31 am »
Right, as certain people will know having a right nightmare....!! Question being WHERE DO I GO TO GET THESE BUTTONS ACTIVE read up and just  :rolleye: mind f**king me....

Right here goes........

My clocks

The airbag

The Wiper/Indicator stalk and slip ring

The Controller (or if you use your imagination, the view from the rear seat of a jet fighter  :grin: )

The Wheel

« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 11:49:07 am by Johnny_tro »
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline mortygttdi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
Re: MFSW < FINAL UPDATE - Pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 01:18:52 pm »
The buttons will never work mate :sad1: this is the thing we was on about not so long ago, the clocks are too old and will only work with either the stalk or the older button set with the 2 phone buttons and the source button.

Unfortunately this scuppers our plans of swapping :confused: has they will not work in my car I would have the same problem has your having.

Kalu was on about this to me before and basically the early clocks only have 3 bytes for the buttons ie volume up/down, phone hangup/answer and the okay button the later clocks had 4 bytes the added byte was to control the menu button.

Darren

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 03:26:49 pm »
? Not at all?

For this to happen would it not be a case of

Slip ring
Controller
Loom
and new clocks

Or are you saying simply.......NO go regardless?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 03:34:20 pm »
If you fit the following

C version Slip ring
Highend controller
Mfsw / Airbag loom

you will have a working multifuntion steering wheel
The Menu Button won't work, just use a long press on the UP button to change settings
Audio and Navigation menus (to get out off you will need to switch the Radio off)
The phone button won't work if you don't have the phone kit
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 04:07:51 pm »
So the only way to get this FULLY working < to replace the clocks as well? is this the issue?

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 05:17:00 pm »
So the only way to get this FULLY working < to replace the clocks as well? is this the issue?

Yes, are you so desperate for a working menu button.

972 clocks are very rare

I recently fitted some, and the guy went to VW to buy then new for £426 :scared:
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Offline Johnny_tro

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 06:40:27 pm »
Am I desperate? no........but if I do things I do like to do it properly  :sad1:

but gutted really, as was told wheel etc would would well with the car.......

Conv. Menu < is this also affected by the clocks I have?

Although I ave lot of stuff on my car < its pretty entry/basic level parts ?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 06:47:42 pm by Johnny_tro »

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 09:11:51 pm »
Am I desperate? no........but if I do things I do like to do it properly  :sad1:

but gutted really, as was told wheel etc would would well with the car.......

Conv. Menu < is this also affected by the clocks I have?

Although I ave lot of stuff on my car < its pretty entry/basic level parts ?

The wheel will work with your car, just not the menu button.

you will have control over the volume, access the trip computer, change CD tracks

but you need
1x Slip ring C
1x Highend Steering controller
1x MFSW / Airbag loom

if you want the menu button then you need to change your clocks to ones ending 972

Convenience option in highline is only available if you fit MAX CCM
1K0 959 433AR or 1K0 959 433CB

All of the info you require is in this post, please do not keep posting asking what you need

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth