Make a donation

Author Topic: Bonnet insulation  (Read 13616 times)

Offline percy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
Re: Bonnet insulation
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 09:53:51 pm »
take it off as it looks alot better, all it will need is a quick !! :happy2:

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 11:43:15 pm »
Decided to order a new one as i have enough noise coming from my car with the ITG and non-res zorst as it is  :evilgrin:

Thanks
Dave

Offline Sarah

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 03:21:23 pm »
What's the state of peoples bonnets been like once these are removed?  Is it generally a bit of a mess under there? Mine has a rip in it so just want to get it ditched. I need to book my car in to get my bonnet resprayed anyway so would it be worth getting both sides done?

Offline Little_Dave

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 28
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 03:45:49 pm »
Well i picked up my new sound proofing/heat insulation for under my bonnet today, the old part number was 1KO 863 831 C but the new part is 1KO 863 831 D, the new insulation has a rectangular metal foil plate stuck the the front part of the sheet which my old one didnt have, possibly to protect against heat from the radiator??  :laugh: Fits perfect and came complete with all the clips for £52  :happy2:

Dave

Offline big al

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 05:42:27 pm »
What's the state of peoples bonnets been like once these are removed?  Is it generally a bit of a mess under there? Mine has a rip in it so just want to get it ditched. I need to book my car in to get my bonnet resprayed anyway so would it be worth getting both sides done?

Completely clean. by having the insulation on it keeps it as the cleanest part of the car so just needs dust and bits wiping off.
Mine looks like new.

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 06:12:16 pm »
My bonnet is double-skin carbonfibre, painted on the outside, and the engine side doesn't get dirty - Just some splashing occasionally and shiny black finishes show all the dirt.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!