Make a donation

Author Topic: retrofitting headlight washers - got some loose wires...  (Read 2023 times)

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
retrofitting headlight washers - got some loose wires...
« on: December 26, 2011, 08:22:39 pm »
hi all....

in the process of going all-oem on my lighting setup, headlights ready to go in, auto-levelling loom made, plumbed in just waiting for sensors to arrive from the states, headlight washer wiring plumbed in but a little stuck on where its all got to go...

i've plugged the violet wire into pin 35 of the cluster

ground loop goes to ground

then i've got a red/white wire loose and i'm not sure where thats got to go

also got a relay with two wires (both grey) coming out of it, again, unsure where thats supposed to go.... if someone could help point me in the right direction of where they belong that'd be great

once this is all done and dusted i will be posting up a 'list' of part numbers on how to make the xenon auto-levelling loom from the parts counter including approximate wiring lengths, i managed to make the loom for the cost of 2 connector housing, 6 connector pins and the xenon range module which the scrappy removed with the wiring - i will post up the pinout of this also along with wiring colours :)

thanks
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline skard

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
Re: retrofitting headlight washers - got some loose wires...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 08:36:55 pm »
Hey

Did you get my PM reply last week? It has the pinouts in it. Not got it to hand at minute but it's in the Kufatec instructions.
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 08:39:00 pm »
Hi

yup i did thanks  :smiley: was working off that, i'm just stumped as to which exact plug the red/white wire go into and where the relay wires go (either i'm too tired or it isnt very clear!)

GONE

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...

Offline skard

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 08:50:29 pm »
Hello mate

Sorry having a brainfart after too many JD's, red/white goes in the relay itself pin 8. Grey into fuse pin 34, that'll be the grey and is it 20/30a fuse you need?

If you're still on with this tomorrow I'll go have a look  :happy2:

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 04:13:07 pm »
Hiya

so that red/white wire off the main 'engine' loom plugs into the smaller relay 'loom' into 'pin 8'?

then from the relay, the grey wire goes into the fuse box pin 34

and the little wire coming out of the relay goes where?

GONE

Offline skard

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 04:35:44 pm »
Is this other gray wire skinnier, and is it meant to be the yellow one to go to CECM block D8?

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2011, 05:00:34 pm »
it is skinnier and it quite possibly is the one meant to go to the CECM because as it stands i have no other wire going to the CECM...

right now i've got the following worked out:

MAIN LOOM:

RED/WHITE --> pin 8 of RELAY
Brown --> GROUND
Violet --> Pin35 of instrument cluster

Relay Loom:

Large Grey wire --> Pin 34 of fuse box
small grey wire (yellow on some looms by the look of it) --> CECM D8

correct?
GONE

Offline skard

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011, 06:16:49 pm »
Aye that looks right  :happy2:

Wouldn't be the first time Kufatec have used a different colour to the instructions - does the grey cable have YELLOW stamped on it?

Have a look at the loom in this thread, see if the your grey is the yellow one in this http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,10291.0.html

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 06:39:04 pm »
cheeers for that bud  :smiley:

gna wire this in tomorrow after i attempt to figure out if its possible to properly mount the headlight washer relay into the cecm rather than have it freely floating, at the moment my cecm wirings a mess! got fogs, rain/light sensor, dimming mirror, cruise all retrofitted so far, just got xenons/headlight washers/levelling left then gotta pickup a set of seats and im happy with it :)

GONE