Make a donation

Author Topic: Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol... ...with Jetta content  (Read 1413 times)

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 22
  • -Receive: 34
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol... ...with Jetta content
« on: January 07, 2012, 11:55:47 pm »
Anybody else see the debadged jetta in the multi-story robot car park? Looks like an FK auto badgeless grill. Wonder if they just didn't get approval from VW to show it. Shame to waste the car too.  :stupid:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:25:47 pm by dodds-gttdi »

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Re: Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Recall... ...with Jetta content
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 07:33:43 am »
From what I made out the film it was sponsored by BMW as both cars in the chase scene were BM's and there flagship i8 Vision EfficientDynamics in the scene with the supercars. Normally when that happens all other cars get debadged. Think it was the same in the Bond filmns when there was only Ford owned companies in there.

As for MI:GP I think there was Suzuki's or Toyota's that hadn't been debadged in that car park scene or the Merc ML for that matter but they are never involved like the Jetta is the only other car that was in that scene was the 1 series. Also you never see the front shot of the Jeep they use in Dubai either and it was debadged on the rear
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:38:48 am by Nodz »

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 12:32:28 pm »
Yeah you're right. The jeep is a Land Rover Defender in Dubai but virtually every other main car used is a BMW. Subliminal or what?  :wink: Shame the one series came to a dead end. It was barely even used in the film. That i8 car is stunning tho, but I think they must have dubbed over it with a sporty sounding soundtrack as I thought it was a small capacity diesel mated with an electric powerplant. Not the revvy engine you hear in the film.

Oh, they did use a Jeep in Russia, with the secretary and chief analyst in. It was a night scene tho so can't remember if it was debadged.

What's your thoughts on the overall movie?

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 04:15:02 pm »
Think it was an Escalade but with it being a night scene and the headlights on I couldn't tell.

Overall thought it was a good film, some of the things are far fetched and an excuse for Cruise to show off but I enjoyed it

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 07:14:11 pm »
Thought it was Ghost Protocol? ;)

Colleague said it had some stupid things in it, just to try and get a laugh. Like when a "This message will self destruct in 5 seconds" happens, but doesnt.

Offline dodds-gttdi

• Thank You
  • Edinburgh
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 07:26:46 pm »

Colleague said it had some stupid things in it, just to try and get a laugh. Like when a "This message will self destruct in 5 seconds" happens, but doesnt.

Yeah it is Ghost Protocol. Fixed now.  :smiley: Yeah it is a bit more light hearted than the last. It's got Simon Pegg in it!!  :laugh:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 08:07:09 pm »

Yeah it is Ghost Protocol. Fixed now.  :smiley: Yeah it is a bit more light hearted than the last. It's got Simon Pegg in it!!  :laugh:

So did the last film, possibly more before that? But he played a much smaller part.

Offline John GT140

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Mission Impossible 4: Ghost Protocol... ...with Jetta content
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 08:26:09 pm »
Went and seen it on new years day , thought it was a good film especially the bit with the magnetic gloves as ethan climbs the burj khalifa. The bmw i8 looks cool 2