Make a donation

Author Topic: Got a stupid itch for a car...  (Read 10106 times)

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
Re: Got a stupid itch for a car...
« Reply #75 on: February 08, 2012, 09:39:58 pm »
:popcornsoda:

Poor Jack  :grin:

Don't know we're it's kicked off from  :signLOL: I like the GTR so will get one some day in the future
I've already said that about 3 pages back but it's still going  :laugh:

Good thread TBF tho  :popcornsoda:

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #77 on: February 08, 2012, 09:43:02 pm »
Got nothing against him
Have chatted to him loads via pm in the past thanks and get on well with him but I don't like followers simple as that and you know since jonny joined this site you were up his arse from day one but that's just an observation. Oh as above the ttrs got its arse spanked by loads of skylines this year and you know it

Get over yourself mate seriously.

Jonny has a TTRS and I have a TTRS so whats so hard to understand. We didnt quite agree on some aspects of the 2.0TFSI actually either.

You are the one obsessed with jonny mate, always mentioning him, making snide comments about his projects. Me and jonny dont even have the same mods  :stupid:

TTRS beat all GTRs and porsche and all the factory backed efforts in the last round. Not bad for a barely modified car, it will only get quicker as more and more mods get released.

http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=10315

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: February 08, 2012, 09:45:48 pm »
 :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: 

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2012, 11:13:00 pm »
The scene (apply to any make of car):

Tuners "buy" cars. Prominent people with deep pockets and forum owners are tapped up with cheap/free deal to be pawns in a big game of who has the biggest cock. When promises fail to be delivered, they feel embarrassingly compelled to keep schtum until the eventual acrimonious break up whereby the pawn in question's integrity is publicly destroyed. They'll deny till they're blue in the face they've been bought off on the promise of bigging them up to all and sundry, but we all know it happens. Sheep form an orderly queue to have X-tuner's bestmostfastestever kit installed believing their massive cheque is automatically going to buy them a place in Land Speed Record history.

Same can be said of the show & shine scene. Bodyshop builds car as a backhander for scenester. Scenester's bent mates ensure car wins prize. Sheep form an orderly queue to have their car painted scene-approved brown at said bodyshop, believing their massive cheque is automatically going to buy them a prize at the next show.

I know a couple of Scenesters, one of the annual forum jokes they play is to invent a 'look' and see how many people actually spend a truck load of money doing it. Never fails......
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:20:43 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2012, 11:28:45 pm »
 :signLOL:

Well, i like the GTR, amazing car full of such advanced technology, friend loves his and he replaced an RS6 with it, finds it easier to drive. TTRS, again great car with a peach of 2.5 engine.

Each to there own, we all buy cars that we like or has an individual appeal to us  :happy2:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2012, 12:25:59 am »
This thread is retarded, that's what it is.

Forums, they're a lot like mindless football fans....

We're the better team
You lost 3-0
Yeah, but we outclassed them
But they beat you
Yeah, but it's not just about the result, is it?
Well, seeing as there's a league measuring all aspects of the season's performance, yes
We should be top of that league
Yes, but you're not
But we could be, we've got the best players, the best manager...
Yes, but you're not

Spacktard tunnel vision idoits who can't see past the badge on their bonnet. My <insert current car> is the greatest car in the world and will beat all other cars. Until you buy another car, then that car is the greatest car in the world and will beat all other cars, until.....

My map's better than your map, my intercoolers better than your intercooler, my brakes are better than your brakes - can you all hear yourselves???

I love all cars. I don't care what's fastest, best, worst, coolest, has the right image or which one will score you the most clunge. Some people on here, and on every other marque based forum need to STFU and take off their blinkers.

It won't happen. I've been around VAG forums since the 1.8T started to be played with, over a decade ago. 90% of car enthusiasts are idiotic sheep, show scene, tuning scene, it's all the same. If I had a pound for every time X-tuner was suddenly deemed by the gods to be better than Y-tuner and all the sheep turned tail, spending thousands to jump ship and get a minute amount more of whatever it is they're searching for.. Only for next year Y-tuner is suddenly deemed better than X-tuner and they all jump again. Who is laughing here?? It's all a big game of taking you mugs for a ride with false promises and scene points.

"All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again" - Pythia

Its not often I agree with Tony  :confused: but on this occasion  :congrats:  :drinking:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 12:29:12 am by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2012, 01:07:56 am »

It won't happen. I've been around VAG forums since the 1.8T started to be played with, over a decade ago. 90% of car enthusiasts are idiotic sheep, show scene, tuning scene, it's all the same. If I had a pound for every time X-tuner was suddenly deemed by the gods to be better than Y-tuner and all the sheep turned tail, spending thousands to jump ship and get a minute amount more of whatever it is they're searching for.. Only for next year Y-tuner is suddenly deemed better than X-tuner and they all jump again. Who is laughing here?? It's all a big game of taking you mugs for a ride with false promises and scene points.

Sounds familiar.....  :signLOL:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2012, 01:24:14 am »

Sounds familiar.....  :signLOL:

APR vs REVO let battle commence  :evilgrin:  :grin:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2012, 07:34:48 am »
This thread is retarded, that's what it is.

Forums, they're a lot like mindless football fans....

We're the better team
You lost 3-0
Yeah, but we outclassed them
But they beat you
Yeah, but it's not just about the result, is it?
Well, seeing as there's a league measuring all aspects of the season's performance, yes
We should be top of that league
Yes, but you're not
But we could be, we've got the best players, the best manager...
Yes, but you're not

Spacktard tunnel vision idoits who can't see past the badge on their bonnet. My <insert current car> is the greatest car in the world and will beat all other cars. Until you buy another car, then that car is the greatest car in the world and will beat all other cars, until.....

My map's better than your map, my intercoolers better than your intercooler, my brakes are better than your brakes - can you all hear yourselves???

I love all cars. I don't care what's fastest, best, worst, coolest, has the right image or which one will score you the most clunge. Some people on here, and on every other marque based forum need to STFU and take off their blinkers.

"All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again" - Pythia

Its not often I agree with Tony  :confused: but on this occasion  :congrats:  :drinking:

The best post on this thread.  :drinking:
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline driver rider

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2012, 07:42:33 am »
I feel sorry for the original poster.  This should be an informative thread not one where everyone is mullered for having an opinion.  Its a forum after all.  Had loads of laughs though!  :grin:

Not going to give opinion but state facts. The GTR will be more expensive to maintain than the aforementioned porsche.  Speak to dealers and find  out the servicing schedule for a GTR it may surprise you.  I may be wrong but they have a pretty short service schedule.  Also the porsche is better on fuel (997) again only stating facts. 

On the image front get what u like anyone judging you solely on your car alone probably isn't worth knowing.
3 Door GTI Black, Cruise Control, DSG, Factory Tints, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Highline Display, Leather, Monza II's, MFSW, Parking Sensors, Puddle Lights,  Xenons,

To be fitted....Bluetooth,DVB-T, MDI, RNS510, Stage one (opinions much appreciated)

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2012, 10:12:39 am »
I like the GT-R, too, as it is a car that is evolving year on year. The 2012MY is a very different beast to the 2008/2009 ones being used in that Aus rally series. It might be a heavy old bus, but take a look at the video page on the Autocar website where it's pitched against the new M5 and generates nearly 1.5G whilst cornering...

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2012, 10:18:39 am »
If you watch the new clarkson DVD it corners faster than a gt2 Porsche but that did spin out  :driver: and even the racing car driver said it was good. In a  5th gear episode tiff and Plato both said yeah it's a heavy bus but it's an amazing car for the money just has so much going on