Make a donation

Author Topic: Good news! We'll repair that pothole...in 2023....  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
Re: Good news! We'll repair that pothole...in 2023....
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2012, 02:57:51 pm »
it's worth mentioning that income taxes are much higher in Germany compared to UK and Ireland hence more money to repair the roads. But I wouldn't really overestimate Germany roads as going through cities there would be potholes everywhere....
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 03:11:26 pm »
i love this forum.... serious thread to beer and women so quick!!

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 12:31:11 am »
it's worth mentioning that income taxes are much higher in Germany compared to UK and Ireland hence more money to repair the roads. But I wouldn't really overestimate Germany roads as going through cities there would be potholes everywhere....

Maybe so, but this country is so inefficient that even if it had all the money in the world it would still make a total cock up of its infrastructure

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 11:51:45 am »

The UK has a higher level of personal taxation than Germany, don't forget we pay 14% National Insurance, so your real rates are 34% and 54% in the UK for taxed income.  Oh and Germany  has a married couples allowance which doubles the household threshold before moving to the next tax band.  :happy2:
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI