Make a donation

Author Topic: Rear bumper opinions  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Sujo2329

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Rear bumper opinions
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:14:11 am »
Opinions please:

Getting my steel grey GTI colour coded. Having a bit trouble deciding wether or not I should paint the whole of the rear bumper grey. Was maybe thinking of having the lower insert gloss black. I'm leaning towards the black insert.

Your opinions are appreciated.

Offline Adamtattooed30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Re: Rear bumper opinions
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 02:27:35 pm »
i like it when the arch at the bottom is left in the textures but the other lower section in ccoded. i have an ed30 and dont get me wrong i love the full colour coding but i think on the normal gti it makes it like a little meaner if you leave the arch textured :)
ED30 tornado red, 3 door, carbonia intake, osir engine cover, h&r springs (ordered) Milltek cat back (ordered)

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 03:00:40 pm »
I find less is more. My ED30 has TOO MUCH colour in my opinion so had some bits vinyl wrapped in Gloss Black. If i were you go with your lower insert in black gloss/matt. Gives the rear some definition.

My rear :happy2:

Cheers fella  :drinking:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline NiceRS

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 03:14:19 pm »
Agree with gloss black look, seems to break up the rear making it a bit more interesting. :happy2:

justsean

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 08:10:56 pm »
Would really like to do the bottom rear bumper in black on mine too...suggestions on the best way to do it? What's the technique with vinyl wrapping? Never tried it before so forgive my stupid questions! Any help much appreciated

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 10:49:51 pm »
Would really like to do the bottom rear bumper in black on mine too...suggestions on the best way to do it? What's the technique with vinyl wrapping? Never tried it before so forgive my stupid questions! Any help much appreciated

Give it a go mate, does what it says on the tin, it's vinyl and you wrap it around things, in this case, parts of a car. It's not easy so I had a pro do my front splitter and rear lower valance as you can see in my pic above. Have a go yourself, get some vinyl from fleebay (£20 will get you a decent size piece). Try 3M Di Noc or Helix, both good. Mine was done with Black Gloss 3M. Lot of stretching, sticking, unsticking, heating etc. Loads of "how to" guides on YouTube to help you.
Hope this helps.
 :happy2:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 11:21:26 pm by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 10:55:25 pm »
I find less is more. My ED30 has TOO MUCH colour in my opinion so had some bits vinyl wrapped in Gloss Black. If i were you go with your lower insert in black gloss/matt. Gives the rear some definition.

My rear :happy2:

Cheers fella  :drinking:

Black as above  :congrats:

I wrapped mine in carbon (PITA) it looks well but I will get round to doing painting mine Satin Black!.....one day  :ashamed: