Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG Oil change  (Read 14453 times)

Phil Mcavity

Re: DSG Oil change
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2009, 10:17:08 pm »
che
Redrobin, Im not generalising, im giving fact. Without going down the lines of posting the amount of return jobs VW gargaes are getting due to corners being cut and the job not finished to the correct standard along with customer complaint numbers to VW Uk, standards have dropped. Im involved with manufacturer training. I consult on new technology and training packages, and the thing that keeps coming out top of the list when discussing failures is"corners being cut".

I here what you guys are saying about garages and mechanics that you no and have dealt with and on that note happy with. You are lucky to come into contact with this situation, but you are in the minority along with myself and not the majority.

As far as DSG services and failures, yes i have came across problems here. Either to much oil put in or to little put in. Gearbox not heated to correct temp and procedure not being followed. All this with this style of box will and does cause failures due to the very tight build tolerance.

Guys can i thank you for such a good online chat. I dont often get to involved in the forums or quote work related things but its good to see so many respected members taking an active part in this forum and in my eyes its one of the better ones on the net.

cheers

Iain

Cheers Iain for all your input. Dont be a stranger on here and its good to hear from the inside as it were.
 :drinking:

Offline iainalpine

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2009, 07:32:52 am »
Thanks for that Phil.

Really enjoy this forum as there is guys that have a real passion and interest on what happens here, and also have a good rounded knowledge of the mkV which helps everyone out.

Thanks again

Iain
2006 MKV GTI, DSG, Stg2 Revo map, VWR front splitter, KWv3's, Eibach rollbars, Walk kit, Carbonio induction kit, Full Milltek exhaust system, Forge FMIC

Offline matsu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2009, 09:28:01 am »
car in today for 36k service at my local garage. have let him loose on all my previous cars and i trust him implicitly.
getting service and dsg oils change for £280 plus vat.
 charged me 90 for the dsg oil-that has to come from vw.
and prob 40 squid to re align my wheels after 200miles with new sports springs on...

had to get it done before the remap next month YAY :jumpmove: :driver: :rolleye:
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"