Make a donation

Author Topic: injection angle, injection timing and timing pull  (Read 11217 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: injection angle, injection timing and timing pull
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 12:34:40 pm »

Think polar may be wasted on me if I can't get an oem oil sensor working in the Leon as a lot of the above is getting a bit  :scared:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 12:37:35 pm »

Think polar may be wasted on me if I can't get an oem oil sensor working in the Leon as a lot of the above is getting a bit  :scared:

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 02:02:04 pm »
so on my stock map I will generally see 0's apart from an occasional -2 I haven't done a wot run yet so will see if this shows some timing advance, and the figure is showing me degrees before TDC that the ignition spark is.

With a stock map you should normally see 0 CF on all cylinders  and a positive value for your advance at wot. With a remap the timing advance value at wot should be higher.

The only other thing getting shown is how long the injectors are opened does anyone know the maximum value the standard injectors can open in ms?

iirc it's about 9ms but you may only see a value approaching that on a highly modified ko3 that has high fuelling requirements.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 02:11:35 pm by bacillus »
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 02:10:46 pm »

There are a lot more features to the polar for everyday useage than what is being discussed.  :smiley:
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 04:32:33 pm »
Mike there are lots of interesting bits on the polar beyond what im talking about here and these are the bits that are most useful to a tuned engine to keep an eye on things.

Its interesting if its 9ms will see what i can get at wot  :evilgrin:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 05:07:33 pm »
Mike there are lots of interesting bits on the polar beyond what im talking about here and these are the bits that are most useful to a tuned engine to keep an eye on things.

Its interesting if its 9ms will see what i can get at wot  :evilgrin:

I'll get one eventually!  Rich couldn't get the oil sensor working when down at Aks but think they were both pushed for time