Make a donation

Author Topic: TT Wishbone & tracking  (Read 839 times)

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
TT Wishbone & tracking
« on: July 11, 2012, 05:36:45 pm »
I have just got my car back after having my TT wishbones fitted,  :driver: and need to get the tracking setup, do i need to mention anything to the alignment place about the wishbones or is it setup as per normal?
Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.
To be fitted: Reverse Camera & uprated headunit.

Future plans: De-dent & Detail

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: TT Wishbone & tracking
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 09:36:55 pm »
Anyone?
Black 2007 GTI Manual, Stage 3 K04, R32 Bumper/Exhaust, WALK, adj rear ARB, KW1's, Twintercooler, Twintake, 18's (winters), 19's (summer) modified dectane LED rear lights, NQSBBK, Forge dump valve, Xenon look headlights with 5000k HID, 3" downpipe with sports cat, TT wishbones, uprated HPFP, Sach Uprated Clutch, Quaife LSD, VT & THS Engine Mounts.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 09:42:29 pm »

Certainly mention it. You have extra adjustability now, other wise you'll likely get a factory spec setup rendering your tt arms a bit of a waste.

They may also need to know due to the extra track/ width but I'm not sure. Where you getting it done?

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 09:49:35 pm »
Going to a local 4 wheel alignment place (very good reputation & high tech equipment)

Offline the bruce

• Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 100
    • my GTI
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 10:43:06 pm »
You did fit the TT arms for some reasons. We don't know them.  :wink:
Of course you need to mention your reasons.

Any track use planned in the near future or street only?

frequent track: set camber at max (near -2° or even above) and toe in at 10' per side
street only: set camber at -1°30 and toe in between 5' and 8'

There are already some alignment threads for both street and track.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:10:06 am by the bruce »
"You get what you pay for."

Offline Syrag64

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 11:30:56 pm »
Thanks guys, i mentioned the TT arms to the alignment place but looking at the print out it makes no sense to me, i only use the car for fast road (no track use), i basically fitted the TT arms as a weight saving feature & to have extra adjustability.

Offline fab5freddy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 238
  • -Receive: 239
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 01:21:24 pm »
Post up the print out so we can take a look and see if all is well  :happy2: