Make a donation

Author Topic: Car tax need advice...  (Read 4096 times)

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
Re: Car tax need advice...
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 11:30:37 pm »
Just thought you should know in response to the post about not having your tax in the window. You do have the 7 day buffer period if you order online/over the the phone however it is and offence in law to not display your tax in the bottom left side of the windscreen (UK only). If a police officer decides to do you for this then you won't know about it until the DVLA take it away. They don't have a responsibility to tell you you've been reported for it.

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 12:00:40 am »
I think thats a bit extreme when they can check it on their 'system' - although I understand its the 'law'.  Also has to be on a public road for them to take it away.

I half expected a comment when I posted to be honest  :rolleye:

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 02:16:46 am »
Well although Ive bought my tax over the internet so wont come till poss tuesday ill turn my car round in the drive and dont really need to use it on monday so shouldn't be a problem,  thanks every one for all your great advice.

Darren

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 05:44:44 pm »
The police need to see it on the road without tax to report you, the DVLA don't. If you don't submit a SORN (Statutory off road notification) it doesn't make a difference. The onus is on you to prove it hasn't been driven, not visa versa.

Offline NeilM

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 06:11:21 pm »
I have found a loop hole and can avoid paying car tax altogether, simply register your car as a disabled vehicle as all disabled products are VAT exempt.

Just follow these easy steps:

A) buy a large motocycle, a 950 Triumph Daytona is fine.
B) find a nice stretch of road with a large Beech tree close by.
C) bring A and B together.

On second thoughts F***it, pay the Tax.

:smiley:

Neil you constantly amaze me. You teach us a great lesson, And i don't mean the one above about being more careful on bikes.
You set a great example of how to deal with life, and make the most of it. Your attitude to what life has thrown at you is amazing.
I wish i had the mental fortitude that you have. And i have nothing but admiration for you.  :drinking:

Thanks guys, I was just saying over breakfast with Susan Boyle how much I appreciate your comments.  :rolleye:

Neil